OT - Tchibo

Only 4 in the UK now.

and

It looks/was like a coffee shop with a bit of Aldi/Lidl thrown in for toys for the boys (and girls).

I have fond memories of when there was a shop in our local high street and there were always "interesting things" each week.

Before Lidl/Aldi were even a thing in the UK.

All this prompted because the only indoor/outdoor thermometer, radio controlled clock and hygrometer that has worked long term is from Tchibo and must be well over 10, possibly 20, years old.

The Lidl and Aldi variants stop talking to the sensor after a while and are never reliable after that for some reason.

I am lamenting that true quality such as supplied by Tchibo doesn't seem to be the norm any more.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

ISTR they had aisle-end displays within other supermarkets, or was that something similar-sounding I'm confusing it with?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Killed off in the UK by the financial crisis and the consequent fall in the value of the pound. As they bought everything in Euro, it made it impossible to continue selling here. Still alive and well in their native Germany.

Reply to
nightjar

My one from Cobolt seems OK, but the messing about to pair the sensor after a battery change in the remote can be a bit annoying. Why you need to restart the clock to get it to work is a mystery really, it then has to get the time from the radio thingy again. It also only speaks whole degrees, not the part after the decimal point. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)