OT: Sugar

They never went away at my local greengrocers. I could have bought some on Christmas day if I had wanted any.

Reply to
John Williamson

And raspberries.

Reply to
polygonum

On Sunday 12 January 2014 11:17 snipped-for-privacy@mdfs.net wrote in uk.d-i-y:

XXXX X XX X *** X XXXXX X ***** X XXX XX XXXX ******* XXX XXXX XX XX X ****** XXXXXXXXX El@ XX XXX XX X **** X X** X X XX XX X X***X X //XXXX X XXXX X // X XX X // X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/ X XXX// X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X XX X X X X X XXX XX X XXX X X X X X X X X X XX X XXXX X X XXXXXXXX\ XX XX X XX XX X X @X XX XX XXXX XXXXXX/ X XXXX XXX XX*** X X XXXXXXXXXXXXX * * X X *---* X X X *-* * XXX X X *- * XXX X *- *X XXX *- *X X XXX *- *X X XX *- *XX X X * *X* X X X * *X * X X X * * X** X XXXX X * * X** XX X X * ** X** X XX X * ** X* XXX X X * ** XX XXXX XXX * * * XXXX X X * * * X X X =======******* * * X X XXXXXXXX\ * * * /XXXXX XXXXXXXX\ ) =====********** * X ) \ ) ====* * X \ \ )XXXXX =========********** XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CURSE YOU, RED BARON!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes, but I've seen them still on the cane in this country until not

*too* long ago. The growing season in 2013 was totally screwed up. I was still picking blackberries wild in December.
Reply to
John Williamson

when we were on Orkney some years ago, there was a site with a polytunnel, producting strawberries for the hotel trade for 11 months of the year.

Reply to
charles

I doubt my doctor could give an honest answer. I had my lungs checked recently and was asked about smoking by each fresh face. At one consultation there was an anonymised form to fill in relating to alcohol consumption. I told everyone the truth which is that I smoked 5 Wills Woodbines from a pack of 10 when I was 15 and threw the rest away. I stopped drinking in pubs when beer got to £1.00/pint and doubt I currently have more than 2 units of alcohol a week.

Curiously, both my sister and I have enlarged/odd livers which make the medical profession suspicious of cirrhosis. In my case this crops up in routine blood tests where the bilirubin? level is higher than the norm.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Don't eat many wild almonds:-)

Reply to