OT, strange 'phone call, probable attempt at 'Advance Fee Fraud'

Why have you posted here "David" Uk.legal would be better. I still think you are posting bollocks.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

UKlegal does not accept posts from the news server I use; 'Aioe.org'.

I cannot get the reader I use to 'cross-post'.

This group has a large 'readership' and I thought people might like to hear of a scam that may be new to some.

David is my given name.

David

Reply to
David

Spliced in URL hosted by TNP @ templar.co.uk

}I've moved it here for the OP.. } }

inActionFraud is the police! But they don't seem to be overly active :(

Why cannot action be taken against the host VOIP ISP in the UK? There are many complaints about the same related patch of numbers.

cc to uk.legal added again since they are most likely to know.

Reply to
Martin Brown

He has something against uk.rec.gardening too :(

Try free teranews.com which ISTR is a one time $5 payment to register for all text groups and is what I use most of the time. It can be erratic at times of high US load but is otherwise pretty good.

They will try for a while to persuade you to upgrade to something with a monthly charge and more profitable for them with binaries included.

Even when I have modified the cross posting your replies do not appear in uk.legal. You could use google groups to access uk.legal where there is more likely to be the right expertise to help on this.

Here they suggest use an angle grinder as the solution to everything.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I'd suggest uk.legal.moderated rather than the cesspit which is uk.legal.

Reply to
Clive George

But take note that the group doesn't accept cross posted messages.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It always works:-)

Reply to
ARW

I thought it was.

I have updated the report at Actionfraud.police.uk, to include the additional details I have, including the UK land-line number he wants me to call: 0203 432 4864

This number is answered by some chap with a strong Asian accent, quite similar to the chap whom called me.

Best regards

David

Reply to
David

Thanks for all your support, Martin.

I have a couple of angle grinders, and 'Dremel' type tools, and loads of extension leads, but, I fear, they won't reach Asia.... ;-)

Best regards

David

Reply to
David

*Who* called you

Bravo "David". You have suckered quite a few on this group.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Best you go f*ck yourself David.

Best regards

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

electoral roll ?

or he simply bought a list .... which is all legally available.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

The problem is that you did not have subtitles and I could not understand a word of it.

Reply to
F Murtz