OT: source for a replacement ear (or finger) clip pulse sensor?

The ear clip pulse sensor for my exercise bike has died and without it the automatic loading system doesn't work. The sensor is just a phototransistor and LED in a clip (with a lead and 3.5mm jack); I've had a quick look and it doesn't seem to be the cable. I suppose I could fix it but it would be a lot of bu&&ering about for something that should be available for a fiver ... except I can't find done.

The bike is an elderly "Thor Professional" but I think the sensors are universal. Any suggestions?

Reply to
unknown

No picture, little indication of skill level... you don't give us much idea what would be useful. Cable failure near ends is very common, strip off 6" each end. I presume the manufacturer has said no, we don't sell them.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

what would be useful. Cable failure near ends is very common, strip off 6" each end. I presume the manufacturer has said no, we don't sell them.

As I said, it doesn't seem to be the cable (not o/c or s/c when measured from the plug); determining that didn't use much of the knowledge gained during my 4 year degree course in electronic engineering or the subsequent 30+ years experience, or require the contents of my machine shop ... I'm not sure how that helped, but you wanted to know.

The manufacturer of the bike seems not to have a presence in the EU any more but these sensors seem to be quite commonly used. Since asking here I've found some available in the US, in boxes of 100 from China, or for around £20 in Germany - more than I'd expected to pay but it would solve the problem if I can't find anything at a better price.

Reply to
unknown

what would be useful. Cable failure near ends is very common, strip off 6" each end. I presume the manufacturer has said no, we don't sell them.

You've probably found something by now, but if not, Kettler do one such for their exercise bikes for GBP 18.50, part no. 67000142. Whether it would be appropriate for you, you'd have to enquire.

Chris Hogg

what would be useful. Cable failure near ends is very common, strip off 6" each end. I presume the manufacturer has said no, we don't sell them.

of days; more expensive than it ought to be but it solved the problem.

Reply to
unknown