OT: Some hope yet for the human race!

Perhaps we won't all die out after all.

Al

Two women abused on a bus and suddenly it's a national epidemic.

Reply to
Max Demian

Everything revolves around the angle of the news. I now never watch news unless its something very important.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I tend to watch/listen to the first minute of headlines and then decide that no news is being reported today. Similarly if the main items are Brexit or the Tory leadership contest then the rest of the news is not worth watching.

Reply to
alan_m

A day or two ago I was listening to the 8am news on R4. With the Middle East in flames (or at least, a couple of tankers), Brexit, and the Conservative leadership contest, one of the important news items reported that a lady footballer had scored her first goal in 14 months.

Reply to
Spike

You've just described the London to Brighton bike race.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There are plenty of BBC programmes showing women playing football. I wish they would put them on a separate channel so that the normal programmes could be shown.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Same could be said for any sporting event. When is causes the regular programming to be cancelled.

As you say, plenty other free channels these days to put them on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, I have been saying that for years. Dedicate a BBC and however many independent channels to sports coverage and stop messing with the schedules for everything else. It doesn't even matter if things clash, as most people use a PVR these days.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

+1 It was the unending Brexit reportage that sealed it for me.
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

+1

:-))