OT: same device on 2 routers

A load balancing router would do it... I use one here to aggregate my two crap broadband links into one slightly less crap one!

If you want one PC to connect to both without a load balancer, then you could do it with a multihomed machine (i.e. one with two network adaptors). You could then use the "route" command to add persistent routes to direct certain traffic destinations to one LAN and thence WAN or the other.

(you could could also possibly do it using just one interface if you statically allocate addresses to it, and give it a second IP address that matches the second subnet).

Reply to
John Rumm

Someone from BT customer services messed up and sent out a letter saying it was all ready to use. But the Infinity hasn't even been installed yet.

Reply to
Thumper

They will all be delivered by FTTC soon.

Its all a part of BTs cost cutting.

Its now (well it was 5 years ago) quite easy to put the DSLAM in the cabinet and fit cards that do the telephony and the DSL. This releases most of the exchange buildings as they are no longer required as there is no need for the exchanges.

Reply to
dennis

So why five years later are they not doing that?

The voice 'part' of the line travels over copper all the way back to the exchange with FTTC.

Reply to
Andy Burns