OT Robots again

Now this is getting to be scary. Can't imagine the technology to make this work.

Reply to
harry

For Brians benefit. A bipedal robot that can't be tripped up or pushed over. Spooky.

Reply to
harry

So it should for him, treating a robot like that! I'm surprised he didn't get all Ed 209 on his ass. ;-)

(not child friendly).

It's all been out there for a while, just getting faster lighter stronger ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That was actually quite scary.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

There's something creepy about anthropomorphic robots like this worker of the future. And maybe not so distant future, too.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Actually there are a *lot* scarier robots around these days:

Cursitor Doom

It was, in a Skynet 'robots take over the world' sorta way especially. ;-)

My Mrs finds Ed 209 (in particular) quite scary (even though it's just in a film etc), however, like the (early?) Daileks you can defeat them with a good set of stairs. ;-)

You can see how things have improved since Ed 209 and upto Asimo and Atlas etc.

Oh, and we had robots with good balance 6 years ago ... (if you like weird ... ) ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Looks tame compared to calling into our office when the secretaries are in bitch mode:-)

Reply to
ARW

Lockheed Martin can do you an unpowered one that allows you to hold heavy hand tools or caryry heavy loads without effort.

Reply to
Nightjar

I think .mil cancelled the previous 4-legged robot mule for being to noisy and slow, you can "feel" the same type of self-balancing at work in the 2-legged version.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Of course the Achilles heel of all robots is the power supply. Be interesting to know how the bipedal ones were powered and how long they can run for. I couldn't *see* a mains flex but people can do clever stuff with photoshop these days. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

That's not scary at all.

Reply to
dennis

I must admit that my first thought when he pusched the box away again, was that anything intelligent would have refused to chase after it or thumped him.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

What a mean person.

Reply to
F Murtz

not any more. Boston Dynamics sand flea bot.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I bet it costs a fortune then. What one needs is a suit which has touch feedback and the extra strength. I can see this being a great thing for the military and the fire service alike. And what of Robocop! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Only if it gives *them* a lift up / down the stairs. ;-)

Even later Daileks can fly, and many of the later bots can cope with stairs in any case. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Maybe it was already programmed with Asimov's 'Three Laws'?

1) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2) A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

So, (3) it could have 'thumped him' as long as that didn't cause him injury?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

But what criteria would it use to decide on whether Trump is a Human being or just an advanced form of virus ?

Was Nomad programed to obey Asimov's 'Three Laws' ?

Reply to
whisky-dave