OT Ressetting an IPod mini

Banana fingers has done it again. I was just trying to reset my daughters o ld iPad mini and some unintentionally have reset the language to Chinese. B efore I go down to my local take away and see if anyone can translate it do es anyone know a way of resetting without being able to read any menu?

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

If you have an Android phone, use the Google Translate app, set it for Chinese to English and point it to the iPad's screen, it will do a live translation for you ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Assuming you can still recognise the "settings" app and can navigate to "general", you'll find the language options there.

This may help.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In article , Tricky Dicky scribeth thus

Simples..

When you next got for a takeaway ask whoever's behind the till;)..

Reply to
tony sayer

This is where we came in. One would have thought that it would be possible to have this done by a particular menu that toggles to English as English is such a well known language. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Update, I tried google translate but could not hold the phone steady enough for the camera to pick up the tiny writing on the screen nor keep the scre en lit long enough to get a fix on the writing. So went for the PC option o nly to get iTunes crashing each time I connected the iPod. On the positive side I did manage to get it back to English by going through retracing my s teps as I could best remember and try different menu options which eventual ly came up with the language options which fortunetly had English written i n English and not just Chinese symbols.

As I said before, I am trying to do a factory reset so that I can Sync it w ith SWAMBOs iTunes account and replace her ancient Shuttle. The trouble is it does not want to do anything. I go to Settings select Reset all settings , reset but nothing happens. I am expecting my daughters details and playli sts to disappear but everything is just as before. With iTunes crashing I a m lost for options and the Apple site does not seem to cover the problem.

On the plus side it does play the installed music but SWAMBO wants to use i t for some of her meditation stuff and Nine Inch Nails blaring out does not quite cut it. So any suggestions are welcome before it goes in File X. The model is so old I do not want to pay the exhorbitant repair fees at the Ap ple Store and thinking it would be more cost effective to mend it with a ne w one if it comes to that.

Tim+, thanks for the pointers but you must have misread the topic - iPOd no t iPad but thanks for replying.

It nearly got down to a visit to Royal Dragon Take Away it was the the thou ght of how many Sweet & Sours or Currys I would need to buy before I got it translated that made me persevere by myself.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Well, you did say pAd in the message, but pOd in the subject.

Reply to
Andy Burns

True Andy my mistake probably caught out by the auto speller doing the change, did I mention banana fingers earlier on :)

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Well down ours theres a young girl serves there, well I say young shes probably a lot older as Asian woman seem to age well, she speaks 8 languages apart from her native Mandarin, puts me to shame;!.

Sure she could sort out a lot more than an ipod;!

Reply to
tony sayer