OT Renewable energy etc.

"A spokesman for the Department of Energy and Climate Change insisted the UK was still a world leader for energy.

He said: "We've made record investments in renewables and are committed to lower-carbon secure energy, such as nuclear and shale gas, which will help keep the lights on for future generations.""

Just as well they are investing in technologies that can actually produce energy at night or when the wind isn't blowing! ;-)

I wonder how many more commercial solar farms could have been built with the (our) money a tiny percentage of the population have been given via the FIT theft scam? Not that any number of solar farms can help with that, even without the FIT scam (without some form of storage) when it's dark (which it is for *at least* 1/3 of each and every year).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

These quotes caught my eye:

"The trilemma report said the UK's ranking had slipped as electricity became comparatively more expensive"

That's in no small part due to Harry and his ilk loading the rest of us with FIT.

"The UK is still a leader on energy, and is in fourth place in the overall rankings behind Switzerland, Sweden and Norway,"

Norway, Sweden and Switzerland have massive amounts of hydro, but Sweden and Switzerland also have a significant contribution from nuclear

and
. But where's the much-praised Denmark then? Below the UK it seems. Ah, just found it. Denmark 6th, France 8th, Germany 13th. Full report (PDF file) here:-

"The report warned that the UK faced declining domestic fossil fuel production, the running down of nuclear plants and the closure of coal-powered stations, alongside ageing infrastructure - meaning its ranking is set to fall in future assessments"

Some of the nukes were due for closure anyway, but in one way or another much of the rest is down to Harry and his ilk, again!

Reply to
Chris Hogg