OT: quote of the day

Some inarticulate band on radio 2

"No, it isn't change for the sake of it. WE JUST WANTED TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT".

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It could have been Question Time ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They sounded as thick as politicians.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are you sure it wasn't dry humour ? Some of the indy type bands are quite dead pan. Think Jarvis Cocker etc. Would have made me smile.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Absolutely.

The context and the (lack of intellectual) content of the rest of the chat showed they were incapable of it.

What came over clearly was that when the interviewer asked if it was change for the sake of it, they felt threatened by what they perceived as a negative statement about them and leapt to an instant denial.

Then when challenged to explain the new direction, they came up with a statement they felt showed them in a better light. Without realising that they were in fact saying precisely the same thing.

Which just made them look utterly stupid.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

--snip--

Which band was it?

Reply to
Mark

Wouldn't that depend on what the original question was, or was it a stupid question ? I've seen many an interviewer ask stupid questions hoping to get the better and fail.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Sadly it was all so instantly forgettable. Gash., Smash, Bosh., Something like that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher