[OT] Prius bashing

I'm not sure the MGB front suspension would have been any better in terms of refinement. It after all dates from about the same time - but Austin based rather than Morris. And still used that abortion - lever arm dampers. The SD1 and Dolomite range had already got reasonable live axle rear suspension - one could only assume it was too expensive or possibly too intrusive in boot space for the Marina.

The Maxi was actually quite a decent car let down by the usual lack of development before sale and dreadful build quality.

Perhaps the worst feature of the Marina was that even the bits it did use weren't properly sorted at design stage - early road testers complained bitterly about the understeer and forced BL to do something about it. Many also suffered extreme clutch judder. Given the a bog standard layout such things are unbelievable.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Roger ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

In the UK, 30mph.

Acceleration even remotely approaching "sloth-like" also causes it to kick out of ZEV mode.

Reply to
Adrian

Doctor Drivel ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

In the UK, it's only been about in any kind of volume for a couple of years in one form.

And it's currently very fashionable - which can only help residuals.

Wonder what'll happen in a couple of years as supply of used cars rises and demand falls as fashion moves on...?

Then read an accurate description...

Wankel-Hybrid...

Reply to
Adrian

Both models were sold in the UK.

It is also cheap to run and service and holds its price. And a dream to drive. and reduces pollution, etc, etc.

Demand may fall for this model as newer hybrids will be around. The hybrid is here to stay and is increasing in sales and models You didn't know that.

Did you ask them?

Idiot, I said "read my description it is not difficult."

It would be boggling to a Muppet like you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Driving the car might be....

Well Drivel, were would one find the 'tip seals', seeing that you now so much about rotory engines?

Reply to
:Jerry:

Doctor Drivel ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed it was. But that doesn't mean my statement's wrong, does it?

I think I've seen three of the old-shape Pious.

You are.

I know. And I said "Then read an accurate description". Preferably one that doesn't try to deny the existence of major components.

It certainly would. Hell, it might be almost as economical as a normal petrol-engined car.

Reply to
Adrian

Do a Google on the Quasiturbine.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The Prius accelerates very well indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, it doesn't.

With the petrol engine kicking, it's acceleration is lacklustre. Keeping to ZEV mode, you'd out-accelerated by any random mollusc.

Reply to
Adrian

Doctor Drivel ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Meanwhile, in the real world...

Reply to
Adrian

It does indeed if your benchmark is a milk float. It doesn't if you compare it to any other similar sized car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Compared to what, a milk-float?

Reply to
:Jerry:

That is quite interesting.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Only if you take it out the context...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Again..."The Prius accelerates very well indeed."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You can't Google?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off you are a worthless troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This man is a plantpot.

Reply to