[OT] Prius bashing

Whooosh....

Wow, a flock of pigs have just flown past!

Reply to
:Jerry:

You are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Whichever you prefer. A hacksaw if it pleases you.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A big one junior?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The message from "Bob Eager" contains these words:

I did think about referring to the turing test in my previous response but decided against it on the basis that it was unlikely that anyone clever enough to program a computer to ape a human would get the result so disastrously wrong.

Reply to
Roger

Roger is a madman.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oi!!! I drive a diesel.

Reply to
dennis

The message from Roger contains these words:

According to Wikipedia the top speed on electricity only is a mere 42 mph. KW output for the latest model is quoted as 57 for the IC engine and 50 for the electric motor but the net output is only 82. Could it be that some considerable part of the IC engine output is reserved for generation and Dribble was actually on the right lines in claiming the battery was being charged when the car is travelling at maximum speed. Not enough to maintain charge but 23% seems far too high to just be transmission losses.

Reply to
Roger

Need I say more.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

humour an ape maybe

Reply to
djc

Since 106 mph is a pathetic top speed for a vehicle of this size I'd say it must be charging the battery too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Bob Eager writes

It certainly brings to mind the late unlamented JK-O bot of demon.service.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Roger keep it that way as you are a madman.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No, your comment displays your total lack of understanding beyond what the drivers manual and the marketing blurb says - the *principle* of the technology is simple, the *application* of the technology is far from simple.

Reply to
:Jerry:

Tennis, Football or Ruby?

Reply to
:Jerry:

I repeat..."This displays your lack of simple technical comprehension."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

...Sigh, and I'll repeat... "No, your [original] comment displays your total lack of understanding beyond what the drivers manual and the marketing blurb says - the *principle* of the technology is simple, the *application* of the technology is far from simple."

Tell us Drivel, what are your qualification in the automotive industry?....

Reply to
:Jerry:

This from a 'man' who had to ask this group how to wire a two way switched circuit. But claims to find motor control, battery charging, regenerative braking etc 'not complicated'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a troll.

Reply to