[OT] Prius bashing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2007/06/30/nosplit/mfprius30.xml
Laugh? I split my epicyclic ring.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2007/06/30/nosplit/mfprius30.xml
Lord Hall, that was a load of bollox - what do expect from the Torygraph. Mine does 55 to 60 mpg and the emissions in town is brill. To drive they are a dream. Everything else after is agricultural.

"...the unbearable smugness of some Toyota Prius owners presents a tempting target. Quick to point the finger at others, some use their Prius as public proof of a caring and moral "lifestyle" and put the moan into sanctimonious..."

What a load of bollox - they are sneering socially responsible people too. I got a Prius because it is superb to drive, silent most of the time and seamless in progression with no gear steps, and economical to run in fuel, service, and no congestion charge, great longevity (topped the JD Power surveys in the US and the UK) and big inside too. When I get into other cars it is like a flashback in time as they are so outdated inside.
Look at the city mpg figures for the Prius. As most are driven in cities this is where they score highly in mpg and emissions.
The Prius is light years ahead of any crap agricultural manual gbox diesel car - light years ahead in every respect. And they are getting better as battery technology improves and a few plug-in/petrol versions may be on the market too. No contest, Prius wins hands down as it is, and newer models in the next few years will push them further ahead. It seems the oil companies may slip the Torygraph the odd wedge. Some car mags pander to the manufacturers who advertise, and are behind in hybrid technology and products.
The hybrids are the current benchmark that others have to equal if not better.

Lord

Yes, but you're gullible to marketing bumph. An ideal customer for this product.

I drive one. The best car on the market for all the reason I stated. Briliant!!!!! If it was made by Makita would you buy one?

Does it have a Makita motor or a TTI Ryobi one?
Impulse drive?
Is there a hacksaw in the toolkit just in case?
said:

Johnson Motor?

No electric

Yes, to cut the main cable and wire up the seat making an electric chair for Little Middle Englanders.

Which proves either:-
You've never driven one. Never driven any other modern car.
--
*A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her

Please eff off as you are a worthless troll.

(c) All of the above.

Dribble certainly has the attitude. All he needs now is the car...
--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Please eff off as you are a worthless troll.
On 2007-07-04 11:08:08 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

I saw a picture of Ken Livingstone sitting in one.
I couldn't finish my breakfast.

I know what you mean he is awe inspiring.

An emetic personality.
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier for him to point the finger if he'd evolved to opposable thumbs?
Owain
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"yours" is a 50cc moped and your boss confiscated it after that unfortunate incident with a nun on a bicycle and an urgent delivery of fluorescent tubes.
> To drive they are a dream.
You driving? You are dreaming.
> Everything else after is agricultural.
Agricultural would be a bit too high tech for you, especially as it involved reproduction and the nearest you've got or ever will get to that is mucky thoughts over the models in Readers' Old Boilers.
Owain

You ate obviously a dumb Jocko.

They are a dream to drive, that is true.

These model? Do they have no clothes on sitting on the boilers?
Matt wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2007/06/30/nosplit/mfprius30.xml
Very fair assessment.
Until and unless we stop using fossil fuel for transport, the only 'Green' car is no car...