OT: Pointless 'safety' warnings

Following up to Andy Hall

neither do I.

Reply to
Mike.....

I can feel another safety warning coming on:

who wear the wrong kind of bra could be damaging their breasts, researchers have warned.

The breast biomechanics team at the University of Portsmouth said poor support could lead to fragile ligaments in the breast being stretched...........

Reply to
Invisible Man

Maybe, but it's delightful compared to american chocolate which must be the worst in the world...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not good enough though. Someone gave Spouse a bar of Mayan Gold and it had to be used in biscuits because it was so dire by itself.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Next you'll be telling us you run a PC and have carpets on the floor.

Reply to
stuart noble

Following up to Andrew Gabriel

brit choc has bad fat, US has a load of extra sugar IIRC

Reply to
Mike.....

Oh, I don't pay any attention to the stickers.

And you have to move it about as you fill it to get the bottom flat.

Reply to
Huge

I think it has changed considerably - possibly since Cadbury's bought them (I expected someone to pick me up on that :-) ). Mind, the chocolate has changed over the years as manufacture has moved around - e.g. from Italy to France.

Currently the only comapny whose chocolate I consistently like is Valrhona. Even then, some varieties are much nicer than others.

Reply to
Rod

Phew. Not just me, then.

Reply to
Huge

We get ours from Hotel Chocolat and the Chocolate Trading Company. As you say, some is better than others but I've never disliked anything I've had.

Doesn't everyone know that Cadbury took over G&B?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes I agree

Reply to
Andy Hall

That is true. Hershey is the worst of the worst. Their corporate address is in Hershey Highway. That term is used with other connections.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Exactly right. Proper chocolate has some health benefits - these things are nowhere near to that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Two of the biggest disappointments upon visiting the USA for the first time; Dr. Peppers and Hershey's chocolate.

My Mum lives within a few miles of Hershey, Pennsylvania, and it smells really nice when the wind's in the right direction. Perhaps they pump all the nice stuff into the atmosphere and sell what's left?

Reply to
Huge

I always thought Seagate had the best corporate address:

Seagate Technology,

1 Disc Drive, Springtown Industrial Estate, Derry BT48 0BF

Not quite so good in the US...

Seagate Technology

920, Disc Drive Scotts Valley, CA 95066

I wonder who's in 1, Disc Drive, Scotts Valley?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

May not be anybody. They don't have sequential numbering over there.

Reply to
Andrew

How does their numbering work?

Reply to
Rod

I assume you know about Apple's HQ at "1, Infinite Loop"

's HQ had a "Memory Lane", too.

Reply to
Huge

It varies, but broadly streets are numbered in blocks but they try to leave space for other numbers.

So for example, in Seagate's case they are probably on the 900 block. There will probably be 0, 100, 200 and so on blocks.

Each block might only have a few buildings. For example this one might have 900, 910, 920, 930. or it might have 900, 920, 940

The next block might have one building and be numbered 10000.

Like here, it's common to have even numbers on one side of the street and odds on the other.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks.

Sometimes it seems that numbering based on metres down the street would be better than what we actually have. Still odd/even so one number per two metres. If a plot extends over multiples of two metres, they just use the lowest number, or the middle number or some convention or other.

But any change like this would probably be impossible to implement.

Reply to
Rod