OT pet hates

Remember Parish Councils tend to have pretty low precepts so a ?10k increase - to replace tbe roof on the Village Hall for instance, could be a

10% increase.
Reply to
charles

Not how much, but certainly that it is likely to be left empty far more than a sole residence.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Not everyone has perfect vision, there are a lot of older people in the population and if their aim is to exclude a great proportion of the population, they are succeeding.

Reply to
FMurtz

They have young designers with giant computer screen with very high resolution who think they are clever.

Reply to
FMurtz

And idiots trying to view things on 4" mobile phone screens. Mobiles are not computers.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Still waiting for which colours....

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Only a few people have shit vision and also have no decent specs.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Large tracts of International Times were next to illegible because they printed across graphics

That was in the seventies, long before bright young things, dtp etc

Reply to
humphrey

But might indicate it's worth casing the joint.

Rob Morley

And PCCs - not capped.

Reply to
bert

Err, some of the people on here were young things in the seventies.

There was a lot of work done on screen/text colours in the 70s/80s. Logica produced a word processing machine which was amber/brown (or similar) which was supposed to be the best combination. One potential customer asked if we could change it to either green/green or black/white because that was the agreement with the union who wouldn't budge despite all the evidence from the bright young things of the day in Cambridge University.

Reply to
bert

I'm reading your post with red, green, blue, and black text on a white background (different colour for each poster). They're all equally easy to read. Either I've got superhuman vision or there's a lot of people with shitty eyesight, because I can comfortably read anything on anything.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Have they just changed that? Police expenditure was last year.

As for Parish Councils, they normally have a small precept so a medium sized sum can look enormous in percentage terms. An extra £10k for our village hall roof would put our precept up by 13%.

Reply to
charles

PCC up 6.4% here

Yes it's a smallish amount (parish is 6% of the whole bill while PCC is now 11% of the bill)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, but *you* are a God amongst men! Please consider us mortals.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I will throw you mortals off a cliff. There's no room on this planet for billions of people, why can't we have a clearout?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I would deem it an *honour* to be thrown off a cliff by someone of your calibre, your Magnificence!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I feel I aught to be billing you for a new Sarcasm Meter[1]

[1] It sits right next to my Irony Meter.
Reply to
Johnny B Good

Well, he is *something* amongst men but my first thought wouldn't have been "God", more like a Ghost (in the machinery of Usenet) since I've had him killfiled for the past year or so.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

what on earth has gotten into you?

Reply to