OT PAYG mobile phone tarrifs

Windmill expressed precisely :

Its true, but the difference is quite marginal, as is the difference in frequency.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Still gets through into my crawl space, which is kinda comforting.

Wouldn't say I'm claustrophobic exactly, but I'm not happy when I see a gap through brick partitions which are barely large enough for me to go through and which have cracks suggesting that bricks and even stone blocks may be almost ready to detach from the upper part and fall on the unwary!

I check the charge on my mobile before scrunching myself down there, just in case I need to call the emergency services (which would be hugely embarassing, so I try to ensure I'll never need to).

Reply to
Windmill

If you're talking about *credit*, there are plenty of deals where it never expires.

However the *SIM card* will be deactivated if you don't use it (where the networks define "use it" in various ways) within a certain period, which I believe is usually six months and never more than that. Then you need a new SIM card to use your never-expires credit.

But I'm no expert and ICBW.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Though I count myself to be (or at least to have been) a bit of a techie, I mostly use a relatively dumb phone, and am still struggling with a cheap Chinese Android knockoff. But the young lassie in the Three store had no trouble at all with it, although she'd never seen it before.

Reply to
Windmill

That still sounds like an excuse to me. So it isn't quite a billion number pool, but it's in that ballpark. Those 'agencies' may not like it though, if they have too many inactive numbers to keep tabs on.

Reply to
Windmill

It's all crap though. They don't have to maintain untold miles of wiring, their switchgear will all be up to date digital stuff, and their only big expense will be the huge amounts they have to pay the gov't. for licences.

Reply to
Windmill

There's something funny about this range business; a while back I had several SIMS all of which were from O2 resellers, and were used in a quad SIM phone, but the range and penetration of walls was quite different. Must be something they aren't making clear to us.

Reply to
Windmill

With Giffgaff, you need to make a chargeable call/text every 6 months to keep any credit 'live' (though I think you can get it credited back if you contact them if it lapses. I think the sim stays active though)

They do contact you though when it's about to expire.

Three is cheaper though for PAYG than Giffgaff, and IIRC the credit doesn't expire. Does need a 3g phone though even if you don't need data, (doesn't have to be a smartphone though)

Reply to
Chris French

None of that which I snipped:

"Or rather perhaps which takes the longest to do so.

I also have Tesco in the spare phone - which can go unused for many months. I do try to remember to make a call on it once in a while, though"

appears to have any relevance at all to "what other people think", it's all about what you think

tim

Reply to
tim.....