OT - Parking scam at Lidl

[Snipped my stuff]

You're right - I should have moved years ago, the city has expanded and is now too close for comfort, but I haven't been able to find another house further out I can afford with room on the drive for 9 cars.

I don't think they do pay them at Lidl, I think they just get a free meal of a trough of baked beans garnished with a couple of dead dogs.

I wouldn't pay them in washers and I 'm certain you wouldn't either.

As it does at the bank, Post Office etc.

Thanks but no thanks if the one in Milton Keynes is typical, (we don't have one) it reminded me of a supermarket behind the iron curtain in

1969. IE stock levels of tinned fruit in single digit quantities.

It's slipping since that nice Mr. Al-Fayed sold out.

Reply to
Derek Geldard

[Snip]

A 470 mile round trip and not as good as local farm shops.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Not entirely typical of a Council methinks. If end-of-play is 6-30pm the issuers of tickets usually finish work well before 6-30pm to get back to the depotin time to knock off while they are still being paid.

Other Council depts generally close to the public at 4pm .

If Stinge, Grabbit & Waltzoff are running the show all bets are off

Parking one Saturday afternoon outside Leeds Parish Church I was agrieved because there was only 3 hours parking time left and I could only purchase a minimum of four hours parking. On buying a ticket under protest I found I was issued with a ticket valid for what remained of Saturday, all day Sunday, and the first hour of Monday morning.

Reply to
Derek Geldard

You've got parking for nine cars while poor John is driving his Reliant from car park to car park like Dennis Weaver in Duel, unable to take his foot off the gas for a second? That's just morally bankrupt. Can't you put a ticket machine on your driveway, impose some draconian conditions and employ some ex-cons?

Reply to
mike

As it happens the staff in Lidls are the most helpful and courteous of all the supermarkets round here.

Is tinned fruit the benchmark? Gawd help us.

Reply to
stuart noble

That's quite common where overnight parking is allowed but the overnight period is free.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Definitely not the case here, but then we have all the supermarkets except Waitrose (not yet built - recession) within 3 or so miles and 2 of the head offices within about 5.

No it's just one example. (I meant to say Eg.)

It happens to suit my dietary needs but anyway It's a good measure. They could easily stock it if they could be arsed.

Reply to
Derek Geldard

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Derek Geldard saying something like:

Utter c*ck. Lidl f&v is the freshest, the meal portions are fine and packaging is ok.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I'm guessing it's fresh because it goes straight on to the shelves without any intermediate storage/refrigeration, and that kind of presentation isn't acceptable in the bigger supermarkets. They had no oranges last time I was there. I took that to mean it was a bad time for oranges, borne out by those I subsequently bought from Sainsburys, which were expensive, and truly awful.

Reply to
stuart noble

Fresh fruit and veg is one thing I don't buy at Lidl - it simply isn't as fresh as other supermarkets round here. I'm told it's because they don't have deliveries every day.

Dunno about 'meal' portions. I make my own. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Go during the afternoon and you'd swear they'd been playing football with the veggies and the fans had swarmed the pitch.

In the same sense that Gordon mac Shite-Features was a "Fine" politician who saved the country from economic meltdown.

Frozen ready meals (roast dinners) are significantly smaller than Birds Eye.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Derek Geldard saying something like:

Not in the stores I've been in.

Wtf are you on?

And the price difference is?

You're just a store snob.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Surely that depends on the individual store and its associated customer base?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In message , Tim Watts writes

You probably know my wife's cousin, Di:-)

Fetching blonde of a certain age!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Why? to make him feel at home ?

All this talk of Reliant Robin's getting his bobbin throbbin' ;-)

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard