OT: Old Channel 4 dare program?

But it does accurately read your state of mind. Being tired is worse than being drunk for example, but they don't test for that. And they don't allow for different people reacting more to drink than others. A blood alcohol count is meaningless.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Walk a line on the ground and say, "The Leith police dismisseth us."

Reply to
Max Demian

What I thought was odd was the American police (used to?) ask you to rec= ite the alphabet backwards. I can't do that when sober! I have the alp= habet stored in my brain in order, so I have to spool through it for eve= ry letter to go backwards, it's like accessing data on a tape drive.

-- =

You wag your tail like your mother, you repugnant, hairball engorging, c= at buggering, pseudo-human android spawn of a foul-smelling telephone so= licitor!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

It can only do anything at the time you're tested. It says nothing about the time you were driving. That's why it's not used. That's why it's irrelevant.

Reply to
Norman Wells

Then you shouldn't be driving at all. If your brain can't handle that, you're clearly incapable.

Ah, proof of what I've just said.

Reply to
Norman Wells

The test is obviously done as soon as you get out of the car. Duh!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:44:41 +0100, Norman Wells wrot= e:

Completely different abilities. I can't juggle either. Should all non-= jugglers be banned from driving?

See above.

-- =

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says, "A= beer please, and one for the road."

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

That also ran alongside the Hitman and Her.

You could appear on that show and watch yourself 2 hours later on TV as they broadcast the programme.

It's well over 15 years ago.........

Reply to
ARW

There you do, that's what we should be doing. If it bans a load of useless sober drivers, so be it.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I know I pay more attention than most people on the road. I also use indicators, get in the correct lane, and use my mirrors. Those are rare nowadays.

I already am.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I'm sure you're an absolutely wonderful driver even when you've had a few.

Just like 80% of the population thinks.

Reply to
Norman Wells

Norman: Do you know that you are feeding Hucker?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

All well and good, but you know a light is going to come on and you are primed for it. Compare this to turning round to tell the kids to stop squabbling in the back then when you turn around you are faced with the rear of a truck, and reacting to that.

Bit like your driving test; you are primed and ready to do everything by the book. This is totally different to driving to work (late, AGAIN!) and eating a slice of toast whilst also yawning so hard your jaw aches...

Reply to
soup

I am not one of that 80%. I don't think I am as good a driver when I've had a couple. I am as good smashed out of my mind as I am when I am stone cold sober.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Yes, I really am that bad. ;O)

Reply to
soup

No, 99% of the population are like you and have been brainwashed into thinking alcohol impairs judgement. In fact the first pint increases judgement.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

99% have personal, first-hand experience, that you obviously lack.

Proof?

Reply to
Norman Wells

Sop you don't have experience of sober useless drivers then?

That means nothing on its own, it must be prefixed by a percentage :-)

And I don't need proof, I have first hand experience, and the simple fact that alcohol is a rocket fuel version of glucose, which is what the brain feeds on.

Just try it for yourself. Do something that requires a lot of thought. Halfway through, have a pint (or even a half pint) of beer. You will find you can continue the task more easily.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Maybe not, but I was asking for the benefit of the rest of us who do.

Reply to
Norman Wells

A pint of 100% proof would impair most folk :-)

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife