OT: Oi, Clint

Grimly Curmudgeon

Ive seen a couple of ex-miltary types handling weapons, and they are generally awesome on safety, and very restrained in gun use. Professionals who use very dangerous tools.

Contrasted with the amateurs who wave loaded guns around and blaze away at stuff thats out of range, or so close the bloody bird explodes in mid air.

Still it goes along with e current governments ethos 'no one can be blamed for being as stupid as they patently are, and their employment should not be discriminated on grounds of competence'.

If the reverse were true, there woudn't *be* a cabinet, would there?

Th recent farce over the arrest of a front bencher is the same.

If the government didn't know about it, that makes them truly incompetent. And the police essentially out of control.

If they did, they are liars.

Same with Bliar and the weppuns of mass distrucshun.

His excuse 'I am not a liar, I am (implicitly) just incompetent' was accepted as perfectly reasonable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Your opening paragarphs remind me of the discussion held recently on chain saws!! Is there some sort of parallel ?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham