OT: offer of help

Hil's remote pacemaker monitor stopped working, so I rang the NHS contractor. They arranged to exchange the unit. The next day the new unit arrived. I went down the drive to get it because it would have been awkward for the driver to get her big van off the road, because of the snow. She said, "Careful! Don't slip over!" I said, "Don't worry, I've got some road salt to spread when I get round to it." She said, "Can you manage? Look, I'll give you a hand if you like!" I said "No, It's alright. I can do it OK." But wasn't that good of her?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You'd think they could save some money and make your smart leccy meter double up for that purpose :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Maybe the next round of smart meters will double up as defibs as well.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr