OT newsreader kill rules

I was surprised to find two replies by Chris Hogg *killed* by Turnpike.

His name/address does not appear in my long list of Rod Speed nyms.

Turnpike help files do not say which part of the address is recognised and I wonder if anyone here can advise?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

En el artículo , Tim Lamb escribió:

It's a long list isn't it. The sad loser's latest is "Hank"

I had the same problem with Chris's articles being killed, and think it was a rule killing anything from " snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net" (now deleted). You may find it's of the form "Name" . It doesn't seem to matter what "Name" is, the rule operates on the email address.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Depends on the rules you have defined. Unfortunately TP will not tell you which rule triggered so you will have to do it by trial and error.

Chances are it is doing what you asked it to do. I have never known it do something wrong but I have had collateral damage from adding over zealous killfile rules that were insufficiently thought out.

You can write complex wildcard based rules that act on any line in the downloaded header in TP so it is possible to do pretty sophisticated filtering if you are so minded. I no longer use TP so your best bet is to ask for advice in d.i.s.turnpike where the remaining experts reside.

You need to look at the full headers of the missing posts you have lost to figure out which rule sees them as a false positive.

Reply to
Martin Brown

He has nyms ?

Streuth

Reply to
fred

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

Ah!

I had a snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net in the file. Now removed.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

En el artículo , fred escribió:

Loads of 'em.

Just in the last few weeks:

"John James" "Simon Brown" "Jacko" "Simon263" "John Chance" "Ratsack" "Hank"

plus others.

Rod Speed FAQ:

Assange sums up Woddles:

Mike Tomlinson