How to kill house squrells?

Have a colony of squrills in my attic. No place here sells squrill poison and they refuse to eat rat poison. No luck with rat traps. They do not like taste of squirt can foam insulation but they chew new holes. Other than waiting outside with a pellet gun (am in city) what can I do? Louis

Reply to
stan100

This is Turtle.

Go down to wall marts and get you about 3 or 4 boxes of moth balls and throw all of them up in the attic all over. They are gone.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

what kind of squirrels are they? red,black,grey,flying,etc.

dogs work great for chasing them out. then block the entrance after they are gone.

if they starve they will leave on their own.

DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS. or they will never leave!

C.A.

Reply to
Carpenter Ant

to kill them will be hard to do ,I would get them out first then seal all of their entrances. A ultrasonic pest chaser may help , alot of mothballs may also help. They will eat through thin aluminum and wood to get back to their nest so you must find all their entrances. You need something up their so they dont like your house and leave,and then keep an eye out for them trying to make new entrances. After I evicted mine I had one sob that made 7 attempts at new holes till I trapped him and relocated him

Reply to
mark Ransley

If you can catch a couple of these

and install them in your attic, it does a pretty fair job of keeping the rodent population down.

Reply to
Bubba

Be careful trying to kill them. I've seen more than one situation where a poisoned rodent decided to crawl down inside a wall to die. I guess it was his last act of vengeance against the homeowner for poisoning him. Anyway, you can imagine the smell.

Reply to
Chuck

In article , snipped-for-privacy@worldnetla.net says... :) Go down to wall marts and get you about 3 or 4 boxes of moth balls and throw :) all of them up in the attic all over. They are gone. :) :) :) Two or three times a year I will hear of people paying big bucks to have a company come in and clean out the attic because the moth ball fumes are permeating into the house causing illness.

Reply to
Lar

Bash them in the head with a hammer. That works pretty good.

Reply to
Oscar_lives

This is Turtle.

You must have some sickley people where you live at but moth ball vapors getting into a home from the attic is hard to do. When the attic heats up there is a air flow from the lower parts of the attic to the top vents of roof and air is traving up all the time.

Now moth balls are made to put in your closets to keep bugs out of your clothes and is you could get sick from the vapors. You would not be able to sell them to put in YOUR HALL CLOSET to keep the bugs out.

Now to pay big bucks to get the moth ball taken out of the attic is a wild one. just go up stairs in the attic and turn on a roof vent-o-lator to run all the time and vapor will be pulled out all the time. If you don't have one they cost $59.00 at lows and are a snap to install.

Another one here. You say you hear of people in your area 2 or 3 times a year paying big buck to get moth balls out of the attic. If they wait 3 months or less they are gone anyway. Boy howdy 2 or 3 times a year they have this problem and i have never heard of this in my life. i must be missing out here for I may go into the moth ball sucking business.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

This is kind of crazy conversation but your saing if you put them in your attic it will make you sick but if you put them in your hall closet. They will not make you sick. OK .

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

In article , snipped-for-privacy@worldnetla.net says... :) This is kind of crazy conversation but your saing if you put them in your :) attic it will make you sick but if you put them in your hall closet. They :) will not make you sick. OK . :) :) If you were to put 3-4 boxes worth of moth balls in all the closets it could be a problem. The problem doesn't come from putting moth balls in the attic, it comes from putting mass quantity of moth balls in the attic, which apparently is what is needed to discourage the squirrels.

Reply to
Lar

I finally got rid of the little buggers by putting up wires on insulaters and attaching them to fence charger. Also got a pellet gun and shoot the little buggers. Louis

Reply to
stan100

Ah....poor little guys! What's a squrell, btw?

Reply to
Discordia

Damn that. How 'bout the thought of that pellet gun up his nose?

Reply to
the_plumber

It's a rat that lives in trees.

Reply to