OT: News server doesn't show posts from Adrian C

Using nntp.aioe.org, posts from Adrian C in a thread were being quoted and answered, yet I couldn't see the originals. I struggled into Google Groups and they were there OK. I have now changed my server to freenews.netfront.net and all is OK.

Can anybody suggest a reason? I think it might be something in the source address that is being rejected.

Reply to
Dave W

nah. just crappy feeds and a laggy servers. OI often see responses here to posts whose originals never turned up.

In the days of UUCP modems, sometimes the original would arrive weeks after the replies had petered out..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Perhaps individual and aioe are not playing nice.

Has Roland Perry's OP "SWIMAT beep codes" Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 12:05 made it to your reader? He is also using individual.net

Reply to
Graham.

I confirm that Roland Perry's posts do not appear via nntp.aioe.org, but do appear now I've changed servers. Is individual.net a news server? Are you suggesting aioe is blocking posts from it?

Reply to
Dave W

Not in any censorship sense.

Some knowledge person will be along presently to explain the mysteries of Usenet peering.

Reply to
Graham.