OT. News!

No. Lots of Greek words in English.

Χοµπλητ φυχωιτ springs to mind...
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We buy them every Saturday, to avoid the Friday queue. Two fish, but large, compared to other outlets, one lot of far too many chips to share, take-away £11.90. They are usually exceptionally good.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Three chippies in the village, two of them offer small, normal and large haddock. If you order a senior meal in those, you get the small fish, small portion chips, and either a pot of peas, or curry, in a takeaway box - I'm not sure of the cost, maybe £4.50.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Hoblet fujit ?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I wasn't going to respond...

Reply to
JNugent

I checked today when I purchased my £11 medium cod and chips. The chippie has changed the name from pensioner special to cod special. The price is £7 and that doesn't include peas or curry sauce.

Reply to
alan_m

You do get the full pension. What you dont get is the SERPS etc because you paid less NI, and this reduction was redirected into your rebate-only personal pension or whatever arrangement that you had, which you now should be benefitting from.

Reply to
Andrew

But be honest, how many thousands of EU area payments have come your way since then ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Ok. My works pension savings were transferred to the Prudential and have now morphed into a pension from Rothesay.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Lots:-) Consider how much cheaper your food is supposed to have been as a consequence.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Not if he took the small earnings exemption and did not pay Class 2. (Not my impression of Tim's farming life but there were still a lot of farmers in the 20th C who lived poor.)

Reply to
Robin