OT New idea (car door.)

Suppose with your electric vehicle you've forgotten the pleasure of driving.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not if they're done right. The DeLorean ones famously opened without going outside the cars footprint for example. About the only thing they did right on the car...

Hatchbacks need less room than estates for the same reason.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

And IME coupes are a right pain. The door's so long that if space is tight the opening is both narrow and behind you.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Too bad if there is an electrical malfunction.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

That design will never get off the ground.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

No car matches the pleasure of riding a motorbike, and it doesn't have to be an expensive one.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

What?

The advert seemed heavily shopped. I couldn't fathom whether it was a rotating unit or an accordion. How much door panel goes under the car and where does it get the space to rotate?

And what protects the panel from road debris?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Riding a bike lost much of its pleasure when helmets became compulsory.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's a toss-up. For example, I hate getting smacked in the face by a bee doing 140 kph.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

A car with roll-shutter doors; now that would be a fine thing.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Jesus, I didn't know bees could go that fast! ;)

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Never loaded one into an air rifle?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Elecric vehicles are a whole new driving experience. You realise what shit objects ICE engines are.

You have to be pretty thick to get pleasure from driving these days with the traffic. I have driven across the Andes and in the Sahara desert.

Only teenagers get pleasure from driving. I soon found it boring.

Built a fast car. Got bored.

Took up flying. Got bored.

Cars just get you from a to B.

Reply to
harryagain

I had bikes. A passing phase for teeneagers. And born-again-bikers. (Who just look ridiculous.)

Reply to
harryagain

What traffic? There's none around here.

No wonder, given the dullmobile that you drive.

Reply to
Adrian

Are you some relation of Dracula?

Reply to