OT New French breathalyser law

"A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in France to carry £2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

already carry two warning triangles, two luminous vests, a fire extinguisher, a spare pair of spectacles, a complete set of bulbs and a first aid kit. There's probably other stuff I don't even know about.

It's a minefield out there :(

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

> We already carry two warning triangles, two luminous vests, a fire

Baguettes and the ability to lose wars against the Germans?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , Another Dave writes

Reading between the lines it sounds like a scam lobbied for by the ferry companies so they can make healthy returns on the sale of the gear. I assume locals wont bother and wont get pulled either.

On the triangles, I wonder how many broken down have been wiped out when deploying them? Didn't know it had been bumped up to 2 though.

Reply to
fred

Only if you have a caravan or drift into Spain I think.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

>>> We already carry two warning triangles, two luminous vests, a fire

The Medway Handyman

>>> We already carry two warning triangles, two luminous vests, a fire

The Medway Handyman

> We already carry two warning triangles, two luminous vests, a fire

Bar of chocolate, 2 packs nylons, gross of contraceptives........ Oh, hang on, that was pre-EEC.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

If like me - you're teetotal - it couldn't be more pointless.

Perhaps I should carry Gauloise in case I take up smoking unexpectedly.

Reply to
dom

I once saw an English tourist putting up a triangle where they'd broken down in Rome, and laughed. It was run over 3 seconds later...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

that although you are right on the breathalyser, not all the rest is needed. Source?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I would laugh too, mine has a base made from 9 mm steel so they would ruin their tyres.

Reply to
dennis

infrance.html>>

Proper French baguettes are fab for all except those with soft doe like mouths.

Top memories of a youthful late season holiday in the quieter south of France, walking into a bar and being accused of being English. After a tense silence the we were embraced, given apologies and bought drinks when we revealed in halting French that we were Ecossais.

We've always had a Gaelic affinity and I love it! Only shandy drinkers need fear this.

Reply to
fred

going out or coming back?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I didn't say all of it was needed, though most is, just that I carried it. It's all recommended by the Caravan Club and some of it is mandatory in countries other than France through which I transit.

I've now noticed that satnavs which warn of speed traps are illegal and that there are no longer any of those civilised warning signs just before a radar trap.

What with all that and the burgeoning wind farms I think I'll stay at home.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

But academic unless they actually catch you

AFAIK, we don't have any cross border agreements with any european countries

Reply to
geoff

In article , geoff writes

No but they told me where the light switch was in the toilet, a huge advantage.

Believe it or not I had porridge this morning, proper salted build too[1], I have it when I've got a really physical day and need a good start.

[1] sugar later to make it at least partially edible (out of raisins so no fillers).
Reply to
fred

Why not just drive properly and then you don't need those.

I would be OK with my tomtom, the first thing I did was turn off the speed camera warnings as they are annoying and serve no useful purpose.

Reply to
dennis

There's a section of some autostrada on the west coast of Italy, near the top, which is very bendy and alternates between tunnels and viaducts. In 1975 coming out of a tunnel at speed onto a viaduct that curved to the left, it became apparent that there'd been an earlier smash in the nearside lane. Screeching of brakes all round, and the cars in the inside lane ran into the back of the smash, much to the annoyance [1] of the Italian cop who'd recently put a triangle or cone about ten feet back from the smash. This of course was completely invisible to the inside lane traffic, due to the curve and the parapet of the viaduct. It obviously hadn't occurred to the fathead to put his warning signs at the exit to the tunnel - or at any rate much further back.

Luckily I was able to brake and not hit the car in front and pushed off toot sweet.

[1] he jumped up and down in rage and dashed his cap to the ground.
Reply to
Tim Streater

Even after todays Rugby result?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Windscreen emission level sticker for several German cities that have low emission zones.

A set of bulbs would be difficult for my car, as it has no user changeable bulbs.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar