OT New French breathalyser law

Not as many as those wiped out who haven't got them. it seems to happen frequently on UK motorways.

It hasn't. An inflatable sex doll wearing a high visibility jacket is more effective than a triangle. A pair of them apparently hard at it brings traffic to a stand still.

Reply to
Martin

But if you use the viamichelin website to find you an itinerary, its printout marks all the fixed speed traps. I wonder if they could make it illegal to carry such a printout?

Reply to
Clive Page

I once followed an old banger on the GRA/Rome ring road. The traffic suddenly stopped, the banger didn't and smashed into back of the car he was following. The driver of the banger got out, jumped over the barrier and ran off across the fields. He didn't even shut the car door behind him. The other cars just drove around the car and the one he had dented

Reply to
Martin

Scorchio brakeos?

Reply to
Martin

Hull and Rotterdam police breathalysed drivers as they arrived by ferry last year.

Reply to
Martin

or want to toss your caber?

Reply to
Martin

Did they advice you to get constipated first so that it finds it's way down the hole in the floor?

Reply to
Martin

Britain has extradition treaties with the whole EU and the USA.

Reply to
Martin

Reply to
Martin

The only sensible reg is the one about carrying 2 Hi Viz jackets. On the motorway from a distance they make one appear like the police which is an excellent way of making pillocks slow down when one is trying to change a wheel.

The spare bulbs makes me laugh. I had a Lexus which required a trip to the local dealer for a bulb change. BMW and Mercedes are easy peasy to change at the roadside without tools I.M.E.

Wonder how accurate are the breathalyzers one can buy compared to the police versions ?

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Danger of them blowing away if it's windy though, surely?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I must admit, my execrable schoolboy French was listened to, mildly corrected sometimes and beers produced all over France, without the slightest hint of any ill-feeling.

I rather like the French.

Reply to
grimly4

In England the whole population look like police :-)

They probably react to any alcohol of the limit is equivalent to a half pint of beer

Reply to
Martin

That would also bring the traffic to a stand still :-)

Reply to
Martin

tie them to the crash barriers?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I remember the Withnail And I scene where he had a urine test. ISTR it was made with used a Fairy Bottle.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A few years ago when the luminous vest law was introduced the French police were specifically targeting GB registered cars around Calais. Better watch out.

Reply to
djc

Pretty much all the way from Savona to Spezia. As I said recently I would rather venture round the Paris Périphérique on a wet winter evening than the autostrada through Genova at any time.

In 1975 coming out of a tunnel at speed onto a viaduct that

Reply to
djc

...and so, your Honour, I was just testing my safety device...

This concludes the case for the defence.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

You still have to carry them. It's not just British politicians that are daft.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ