OT, more than likely...

A? Wossat? The boodly gurnard lettuce gauge?

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

An odd thing about Gorran Haven and Gorran Churchtown is that while they were both named after St Goran, the places have two "r"s, but the saint has just one. I can sympathise with that - it seems that no-one has heard of Ian, Victor, John Ambrose, Alexander, etc, all of whom spelt Fleming with one "m". "Sorry, Your Saintship, we've got all the signs and inscriptions done with two 'r's and the vilalges are on the map too. You wouldn't consider changing your name, would you?"

Reply to
Mike Fleming

I hake it when threads deteriorate like this

Reply to
geoff

Nah - thats a babel fish

Reply to
geoff

You have to excuse him, he's forrin

Reply to
geoff

In article , Skipweasel writes

Po-angliski: char. Po-russki: chai. Short for Chinese, perhaps? ICBA to Gurgle.

Reply to
vg4cysss7001

In article , Mike Fleming writes

Nothing worse than having 2 arse. About face?

Reply to
vg4cysss7001

In message , vg4cysss7001 writes

Chai is the almost universal asian word for tea and is almost interchangeable with (boiled water). This is prolly because when you sit down in a restaurant, you're often presented with weak green tea which, having been boiled, is safe to drink (well, assuming they're not actually trying to poison you).

At the extreme end of the scale, there is a town on Java which has hot volcanic springs. Panas is the Indonesian word for hot , the name of the town is ... Cipanas (pronounced chip-anas)

so there you go ...

Reply to
geoff

Personal experience suggests that is exactly what 33.33% of oriental restaurants are trying to do.

Reply to
bobharvey