OT: Market Reaction to Qasi's Budget

No sure where the evidence for that assertion comes from, really.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

BULLSHIT.

More mindless bullshit.

There always are.

Completely different in fact.

Nothing like in fact.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Its mindless bigotry.

Reply to
zall

Well, the magic money tree was an expression that would historically be used towards Labour. Now it can be rightfully be used by Labour towards the Tories.

Whether I would call spend, cut taxes and borrow incompetence is another question, however I would still feel obliged to use a similar descriptive noun.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yet they are a large workforce:

Large groups of this size tend to create traction in manifestos and policies.

Reply to
Fredxx

Nope. The claim that reducing income tax rates might see the economy do better is certainly aguable, but nothing even remotely like a magic money tree.

More fool you.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I took fright at his name .....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

The only other Quasi I know is in the Octonauts.

Reply to
Fredxx

+1
Reply to
Ponyface

And many a caught up in IR35, paying the same tax, via PAYE as employees, but with no holiday pay, no sick pay, no redundancy pay, no security of employment and no employers pension scheme.

Reply to
SteveW

Okay, you want a sea-fairing analogy: you don't put up your spinnaker when there's a storm a-brewing!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

We've already seen. Your opinions are unwelcome and worthless. Now f*ck off.

Reply to
R Souls

Have things changed, then? When I was working, a free lance who didn't qualify for self employment status (usually classed as an assistant, rather than supervisor) was on PAYE, but got sick and holiday pay included. Obviously not an employer's pension scheme, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Sounds like George Osborne talking - now we all tend to dismiss 'pay off the debt' as out of date - MMT tells us that debt is good. It pays our pensions for a start.

Reply to
mechanic

And now it seems the treasury are buying back government bonds in an attempt to slow the run on the pound.

So we now have parts of the government in direct conflict.

If it were a TV drama it would be slagged off as pure fantasy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yes, we're no longer paying for the Falklands or for Iraq, future generations should have no worries.

Reply to
mechanic

Err, since the War of the triple Alliance where certain London Merchant banks made their names and fortunes arranging deals to fund it.

Reply to
Andrew

This chap hardly disgraced himeself at the PRU and other places.

Andrew

Normal response.

Nope.

Nope, we have see that before.

Reply to
zall

Many contractors who ran their own limited companies and dealt company to company, got no employment benefits, but paid a little less tax. Last year, companies using contractors were given the responsibility of deciding whether the contractors that they used were outside IR35 and could continue as before or inside and had to go PAYE (paying more tax). Many companies used the software tools that analysed each contractor's position, but then, to avoid any possible come-back from HMRC, decided to ignore the analysis that put them outside IR35 and simply decide that everyone was inside, forcing them to pay the extra tax, but did not give the employment benefits or increase the rates to compensate.

Reply to
SteveW