OT: LPG PRICES

It seems there should be a subtitle to that page where Calor warns that it might also seriously damage their profitability!

Reply to
John Rumm

misterroy laid this down on his screen :

You are allowed to refill self refillable bottles. They use such systems on motorhomes and caravans, I think the name Safefill might give some clues.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Get a fork truck or digger gas bottle and fill it at the gas, petrol station.

Reply to
FMurtz

There are several, Safefill (as you say), Gasit, is another. While refilling is cheap, the initial cost is high- a Safefill 10kg cylinder is about £175, with a 10 year nominal life, you need to factor that in.

I see motorhome users singing the praises of such systems in terms of savings but I wonder how much propane they use. We've been motorhoming 6 years and not spent £175, on propane. (We only use gas for cooking.)

Of course, for motorhomers there is also the advantage you don't have the issue of changing calor bottles in Europe- where it simply isn't possible. However, carrying (say) a French bottle is much cheaper than converting to refillable.

I've considered converting but more for convenience than cost in our case.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I'm sure you could just let it go unburnt & no-one would ask many questions...

Reply to
Jim K..