OT; Jimmy Saville

Right so the OT is tosh, the whole bible is tosh, God didn't interfere massively by making the earth and dosen't interfere now so praying is a waste of time.........

I'd say that sort of 'null' god is pretty much atheism

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well they could do what they did to Cromwell. Dig him up and hang him.

Reply to
fred

protect you.

s/interfere/exist/

Reply to
Steve Firth

I don;t but those that believe in God seem to and they use the Bible as evidence of the truth, so why not use that evidence too, if that is the truth.

I wound up soem JVs once asking me why I was ther, well if you hadn't rung my doorbell I wouldn't be here would I. So did God ring my doorbell ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Well, yes, up to a point. That no action was taken 40+ years ago is understandable. But it seems there were whispers about him even then. Perhaps that didn't reach those with influence. But in the years that followed there must have been people aware of rumours who had by then been promoted to positions where they could have advised against employing him etc. Were none of them in the 80s, the 90s perceptive enough to be aware that times were changing, that what might have been tolerated ten or twenty years past was no longer, that he was a bit of a throwback, a liability at the very least.

Reply to
djc

So you don;t 'employ' someone that gives to charity and can bring in lots of money to your charity.

he had money and very good laywers they didn;t stand a chance. Why didn;t those in childrens home sreprot him ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Course not!.

I'm just surprised that this has all suddenly come about into the public domain.

It seems perhaps that there ought to be an enquiry into it all then the findings published.

Then we'll prolly get nearer the truth..

Reply to
tony sayer

I find it odd that a Catholic priest will spend all week preaching that gays are sinners before bumming a choirboy.

Reply to
ARW

They have to get them to reach the high notes someway or other.

Reply to
Old Git

You mean kids and rape?

Reply to
ARW
[Snip]

to get his autograph. perfectly innocent.

Reply to
charles

Indeed. I very much doubt if any ordinary member of the public, of whatever age, ever went into any BBC dressing room in the expectation of a shag.

michael adams

michael adams

Ive never heard it called that before, m'lud

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Blimey. What planet do you come from?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For most talent, their dressing room was private. There were hospitality areas where they could meet fans etc for autograph signing etc if needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The planet where ordinary people live.

No normal person would go into a BBC dressing room in the expectation of a shag, if for no other reason that as far as they knew there would be an ever present possibility of interruption. And so it wouldn't even figure in their minds.

I don't actually know whether its common practice to lock BBC dressing rooms doors from the inside, or what would be the purpose of doing so, and neither would I imagine, do most people.

Apparently Savile had to make use of a "special curtained alcove", which presumably meant he couldn't lock his dressing room either.

Or perhaps you know different, and have evidence that this was also known to the general public ?

michael adams

michael adams

And that offence is?

Reply to
Huge

Hear, hear.

Reply to
Huge

Been giving this one a little thought, in light of yesterday's criticism levelled at the BBC for screening the JS memorial progs a while ago. It must have been quite hard for some of the women to take that, knowing what they did and what he did to them. The prospect of yet another round of "Wonderful Jimmy Savile" re-runs and endless paeans of praise for him on his 1-year bucket-kicking anniversary fired up one or two enough to do something about it, and quite right too. Sure as shit, I'd have done the same. I suspect that was all they wanted to do - simply clue the rest of us in and I'd be surprised if the ones who came forward (at least in the early stages) had a financial motive. It remains to be seen how many of the later ones might have an eye for a claim on the old bugger's estate (not much chance of that, I think), but some of them will have been paid for their story by the tabloids. There is now a danger (such as it is) of attention-seekers and variously disturbed individuals jumping on the bandwagon, all with their hands out - such a prospect doesn't thrill me at all. There will doubtless be some fakes in the number, but it doesn't take away from the very real damage the bastard did to an untold number of young girls at the time of his peak activities.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Need a concrete breaker for that.

Reply to