OT; Jimmy Saville

Voice analysis is trivial these days.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Jonathan King got busted...

But I cannot ever see such a thing being levelled at Wogan.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Nor:

Keith Skues, Ed Stewart, Mike Raven, David Ryder, Jim Fisher, Jimmy Young, Dave Cash, Kenny Everett, Simon Dee, Duncan Johnson, Doug Crawford, Tommy Vance, Chris Denning, Emperor Rosko, Pete Murray, Bob Holness.

Or Annie Nightingale.

And I can't even remember several of them.

Reply to
polygonum

Not seen him live but seen most of his (limited) tv stuff.

He recently described himself as a "cross between Jimmy Carr and a stand-up comedian".

Reply to
mike

In article , Brian Gaff scribeth thus

Yes why all of a sudden has all this come up?. Anyone could be forgiven for thinking that he's the worlds worst offender ..

It seems that anyone and everyone has been accosted or abused by him but if this was so widespread then why hasn't it surfaced before?.

So why not any allegations whilst he was alive then?..

It may well be understandable that people were scared to complain years ago but he's been deceased for some time now so why no allegations then why just all at once?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Well years ago I overheard some girls complaining at the factory where I worked that they never got any "attention". That Attention was having her bum pinched or a pair of hands around her waist or the same but a bit higher. This sort of caper seemed to be tolerated in those days.

Course do the same now and thats it;!..

Unless you work at the BBC it seems...

Reply to
tony sayer

Because they made a TV programme about it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh, I dunno, simon dee Hmmm

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But these allegations go back a long way and the knighthood etc are far more recent.

But not *that* rich. There does seem to be something missing. If there is substance in this then I suspect it has a lot further to run. Some people far more influential than a vulgar has-been celeb must be involed.

Reply to
djc

Not Brucie then

Reply to
stuart noble

I don't think we should judge "yesterdays" actions by "todays" standards. Bear in mind that DJs and Pop Artists had a following of "Groupies". When faced with Groupies what was a bloke expected to do (by his peer group and by the groupies). as far as the BBC is concerned, I expect they felt some sort of duty to allow stars some access to their fans. It was a long time ago!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

So the patients in hospitals etc he assaulted were all 'groupies'?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sure, if they look like Megan Stammers, I might have some sympathy, but prepubescent girls in wheelchairs? Sir Jimmy should have been smothered at birth

Reply to
stuart noble

And a good friend of maggie thatcher I've heard.

Another good way is to become a priest (catholic usually) and then God will protect you. I'd really like to ask those that preach religion why God allowed this to happen to innocent children.

gets you specail, access and even a flat in teh hopsptal or home.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Because he doesn't interfere; you are accountable for your actions. Of course some religions say "It's God's will" but this is nonsense.

Reply to
Tim Streater

what do you mean he doesn't interfere, who the hell, brought the flood, 40 days and nights of rain. Not forgettting how he also parted the Red see to allow Moses to cross, yeah sure he doesn;t interfere ....

God also created man in his own image so what does that tell us about God, that his a paedo ?. that his is an undulter, soemonen got mary pregnent.

Personally I blame brwian. :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

If you want to believe these Old Testament stories literally, go right ahead.

Reply to
Tim Streater

protect you. I'd really like to ask those that preach religion why God allowed this to happen to innocent children.

But the abuse by preists is the fault of secularism apparently, by some strange reversal of logic.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Old Testament, New Testament, it's all made up.

Reply to
Huge

So, are you saying that you (a) you don't quite believe it and (b) think it's not that serious even if it's true?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL