OT It could be even worse then you thought possible

The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse, political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

TW

Reply to
TimW

Loser!

Reply to
Capitol

That is why the smarts are advocating a quickie divorce, but instead act the bitch.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Reply to
Fredxxx

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we just might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than now and having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other banks will move some of their activity out of the UK which will reduce the amount of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or lower well fare benefits.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Not much of a negotiator are you?

Reply to
Capitol

Not read it but I do recall that the DT was a supporter of Brexit.

I'm not a betting man but it wouldn't surprise me that, if the vote had been Remain, the DT would have run similar articles saying just how bad things would get if we had voted to Remain.

People on this group know my views.

Reply to
Mark Allread

'You leave on the EU's terms'.

We (the leaving state) aren't in control of (or party to) the terms the other states are going to offer us. Hey, it will be a big surprise just like all the other consequences apparently. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'll note your fear mongering and we'll see what happens this time next year.

PS Merkel is not selling that line.

Reply to
Tim Watts

No, you leave on agreed terms. Just because someone offers you a set of Ts & Cs doesn't mean you have to accept them.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Do sod off.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Actually, you can agree on no terms at all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Terms they offer us.

Can you cite support for that please Tim? I can't see anything that confirms it here for example: (but may have missed it).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

If you are going to argue your case in those terms, it should be supported with a union jack and an expression of patriotism.

Mindless rhetoric without the support of patriotic fervour is just not on Old Bean.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

He's a loser!

Reply to
Capitol

You assume they want to negotiate, lets hope you are correct.

Reply to
dennis

What exactly do you think the UK can do about the terms offered? We don't have a seat at the table and the terms set are to ensure the EU doesn't suffer too much.

Reply to
dennis

So far the only hunger and rioting has been outside Nando's after rumours that they were pulling out of the UK.

I expect the middle classes will still be able to import their olive oil and parmesan cheese.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

WE can refuse to take them, Dense!"

IN which case they had better be nice to us.

If they cant agree sane terms its the Euro that will tank.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't know, Den, I'm not a negotiator.

Are you expecting that at the Press Conf as they arrive at Brussels Airport, the Chief Bod is going to say something like: "Our sig will be on their set of terms in about 30 mins then we can all go to lunch!".

That how it's going to go, Den?

Reply to
Tim Streater