OT(ish) - will this cover both the house and the shed? Conditioning electric supply.

Just wondering if it is powerful enough to condition the mains supply to the shed as well as the circuits in the house.

Oh, and how is it stopped from leaking out and starting to condition the grid?

{Cough}

Dave R

Reply to
David

Get the homeopathic version, that'll condition the whole road, your neighbours will thank you.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I cannot get the link to work.

But I guess it is a plug in device that saves 50% on electricity bills.

Reply to
ARW

I like the peer reviewed bit. Presumably other tin foil hat wearers.

Reply to
nightjar

It is probably radioactive as well for good measure like the anti-5G magyck protection necklaces they have been selling in The Netherlands.

The OP clearly needs a custom tin foil hat made of gold leaf. There really is apparently more than one born every minute.

Anti-science prospers on anti-social media. *CAVEAT EMPTOR*

Russ Andrews does much more expensive mains conditioners - you should buy one of those if you have more money than sense.

Created by virgin mermaids in an oxygen free atmosphere. (what could possibly be better than that?)

Reply to
Martin Brown

For real entertainment you should read the patent:

It doesn't even mention USB. The primary claim on which all other claims are dependent is:

  1. A wireless phone, comprising: a source that emits electromagnetic radiation; and a paramagnetic material in a quantity Sufficient to counter act the electromagnetic radiation emitted by the source.

Perhaps they should be reported to Trading Standards on the basis that false claims are being made. In particular, the patent requires the device to be a wireless phone and the USB stick being sold is plainly not a wireless phone.

John

Reply to
John Walliker

Martin, You should know better than that. The OP clearly had tongue firmly embedded in cheek. John

Reply to
John Walliker

On further reflection, maybe I was wrong. A lump of "a proprietary blend of paramagnetic rare earth minerals" will undoubtedly emit electromagnetic radiation at all temperatures above absolute zero. Wrapping such a lump in aluminium foil (which is paramagnetic) would reflect back almost all of the far infra-red radiation emitted by the lump. So for their rather unusual definition of a wireless phone maybe the claim is valid. The other important requirement is that there is sufficient information for a person skilled in the art to replicate the invention. I feel confident that a person skilled in the art of disposing of industrial waste by selling it to gullible customers would have no trouble in wrapping such a lump of industrial waste in aluminium or similar foil and placing it inside an otherwise empty USB stick. Perhaps it was such reasoning that led to the US patent being awarded! John

Reply to
John Walliker

Two or more? :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

It's coz it's split. Just copy and paste it.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Noting also that if you dig deeper into your pocket you can buy a version based on an electrical plug (although this doesn't seem to be 13A).

I'm amazed that Amazon can sell something so obviously bogus for such an inflated price.

Although people have been buying copper wire to wrap around incoming cold mains to line all the "hardness" so it doesn't fur up your hot water system, so perhaps this is just a similar design to align everything electronic.

With both, I have no idea how you can prove/disprove anything.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

David snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote

I'm not, Amazon doesn?t vet ads as they are posted. They will delete dishonest ones if you complain.

Amazon gets no say on the price that type of seller charges.

It isn't hard to prove that it has no effect on water hardness.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

That doesn't work

> B07SXVM377 until you remove the caret symbols
the link may still wrap depending on your reader settings.

Reply to
wasbit

It also convinces me more than ever that USPTO will grant patent on just about anything no matter how ludicrous it may be if you pay them the appropriate fee.

ISTR it was only about a decade ago that they finally stopped accepting patents for perpetual motion machines. They enjoy shooting themselves in the foot - this one takes the peanut & jelly sandwich to a new level!

LOX is quite an interesting paramagnetic material.

Rather nice demo from MIT (odd they distilled their own).

A lecture theatre demo often done by rogue retired pyrotechnics chemists who make their own LOX from LN2 (because no distributor will sell it to them). They then go on to use their LOX in combination with cotton wool, filter paper and rich tea biscuits (do not try this at home!)

Reply to
Martin Brown

Well, I've never found such devices that good myself. I have one built into a trailing socket bar, suggests it has mains spike removal and RF isolation, but if you get a dodgy socket down on the rigg its plugged into, computers till crash on the device. Don't worry about the grid, some kind of fuse or cut out will blow far before any adverse effects on the grid will be noticed. It would be nice I sometimes feel if some cheap form of logger of important events on the mains were possible to install, so you had an idea of when problems occur like momentary breaks in supply, spikes, weird asymmetrical voltages and crap from psus and powerline internet adaptors get into your house. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yes If its a computer you are wry of get a simple plug in filter over voltage unit and a UPS if its a desktop.

Remember nothing can save you from a lightening strike. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Have you ever looked inside a QED mains filtered outlet. Basically, from what I remember. One VDR 6 capacitors, and some inductors is all it actually contains. Its not clear if a really big spike will simply burn out the VDR though. I used to fit these inside plugs of old Cheap Amstrad amplifiers which in true russ Andrews style made them sound a lot better, well that was the feedback. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It will do it, but only for a radius of about 15 miles.

Top tip, rather than actually buy one, just print out the picture from the ad, and then tape that to your consumer unit, it will be just as effective, and save you £55!

Reply to
John Rumm

...and ani-vaxers

Reply to