OT(ish) - weather - central heating still on

Vaguely. I imagined somewhat further East.

I am about 40 miles from the nearest bit of sea, which happens to be Sizewell power station more or less.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

While they have coasts on the east (and the north in Norfolk), British weather is too localised to consider them collectively as The East Coast. If a forecaster says that, I would immediately think of the area around the Humber, not East Anglia or the North East.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Well that depends, If there is a cool NE airstream, that affects the whole lot of them, just as a warm SW airstream affects the south and west coats, leaving the east coast cooler.

The 'scattered showers in East Anglia' is understood to represent the inland parts of Suffolk. Norfolk, Cambridge and Essex

If someone says the 'East Coast' I assume they mean the whole of it.

But hey, its all semantics. The most stupid thing that people do is confuse their words with reality. If people were in fact taught to distinguish between them there wouldn't be any 'transgender' issues at all.

Nothing confuses over educated but fundamentally dim people more than carefully crafted bullshit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think them folk over on the East Coast sometimes do that.

P.S. Is there anything south of Watford?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

So not the same thing, right?

Being called "idiot" by TNP is reassurance that I haven't yet lost all my marbles.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Yes, the same thing, averaged out

Its so sad you need the reassurance.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably.

There is another Watford...Watford Gap. Immortalised in song...

The Natural Philosopher

My heating has been turned off since early May here on the 'West Coast'of the UK.

I'm sure it benefits from the Gulf Stream as the wind is mainly northerly.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale
<snip>

I am (probably) less than a mile from the sea, which makes for very coastal weather.

South of you but still in Suffolk.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

12.9C outside at the moment.

Summer?

Pah!

Dave R

Reply to
David

Only 11°C here.

I think net zero means the average summer temperature in England we are heading into

Global warming?

Utter bollocks

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Two nights ago it got down to 5.4 C. at night here in Suffolk.

Reply to
Davey

Prezactly.

It's been a miserably cold spring in Suffolk.

I hear a Russian icebreaker couldn't get through the thick multiyear ice to reach the pacific this year.

Polar bears are thriving, mostly due to the ban on hunting them,

Record snowfalls in the Western USA and snow STILL hasn't melted in the foothills, which is a good thing because if it had they would have been flooded.

In short its a cold wet miserable late spring in the northern hemisphere, everywhere except IIRC Arran, which had twenty seconds of record breaking summer heat when an engine exhaust flicked the weather station into a high temperature for a second or two

I dont care what the met office says. Its 12°C at Lakeheath airbase,

100% cloud cover and blowing 7mph. It is in short effing COLD for summer.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's a blocking high pressure pulling cold air down from the arctic. Once the Jet Stream reverts to 'normal' the UK will get the usual winds from the atlantic.

The Jet Stream anomaly is what caused that massive flood in Northern Italy and Croatia recently.

Reply to
Andrew