OT(ish) - weather - central heating still on

With the days allegedly not getting higher than 14C on the East Coast (and everywhere being pretty chilly anyway) we find that we need to keep the CH on to maintain a reasonable (for us) temperature.

Previous years we have turned CH off in April.

Noting:

(1) We could wear woolly jumpers and thermal underwear indoors and get dressed for bed but comfort is our benchmark.

(2) The house is reasonably well insulated and we do have thermal gain from the South facing rear so it is mainly evening and morning temperatures.

We are with those who leave the CH on thermostat because cold is cold whatever the month.

I don't recall this cold weather at the end of May in any recent years. Those away from the East Coast may be toasting, of course.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I just leave mine on the programmable stat all year round.

22°C in the east midlands at the moment
Reply to
Andy Burns

Very pleasant down here in the South, but the nights are quite cool - last night it was only 7°C. Early in the month it fell to just below

5°C. That means the CH might be required first thing in the morning, but if it has come on it usually goes off around 9am.
Reply to
Jeff Layman

Inland east anglia peaked at 19°C today. I got some weeding done and swore to fix the car aircon...

Same here.

Its Global Warming (not!)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably not the East Coast the OP is referring to :-)

Reply to
Colin Bignell

But then would the OP have referred to the temperature in deg-C?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Or posted from a "btinternet.com" email address?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Fair points, but does anybody in the UK refer to the East Coast? Is that something that they do north of Watford?

Reply to
Colin Bignell

British Rail does - East Coast Main Line.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I think the LNER did that, to differentiate it from the LMS West Coast Main Line, although it may go back even before Grouping. It is mostly north of Watford though.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

He's talking about the weather.

Reply to
Bob Martin

How else would one refer to eat. How do they refer to the coast of Suffolk and Norfolk south of Watford....

Reply to
David Wade

That is my experience here on the Suffolk/Norfolk border. I find it turning off earlier than 9, but otherwise it's the same, it was needed during the early hours.

Reply to
Davey

Back in the 80s we had some cold springs, but we tend to forget. We usually get it due to the wind coming out of the north or northeast.

Most of our weather during summer tends to come from south or southwest, and hence is wet and warm. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The greens will often site a hot spell during the summer as climate change rather than the weather as determined by the position of the jet stream. If it is pointed out that it's actually the weather the goal posts for the climate catastrophe will suddenly change. If the hot spell is only in a small area it's weather if the hot spell is in the whole of Europe (in mid Summer) it's climate change!

Reply to
alan_m

East Anglian coast, as opposed to the North East coast or the East Coast of Scotland, both further up, or the Kent coast, further down.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Absolutely. Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire , Durham and Northumberland are all on the 'East coast', all the way up to PorridgeWogLand

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Climate is the long term average of weather. Idiot

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cite, not site....

... The EcoBlob calls climate that which supports their narrative, and weather, that which does not.

Simples!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Say What?????

East Anglia is on the East Coast (the name is the clue).

I am assuming that TNP lives not that far from me. Probably aware of the fact as well.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David