OT Interesting WW2 pix.

Pic 24. The reason I never met one of my Grandads. He sufered from PTSD after taking part in the liberation of that place and ended up commiting suicide.

Reply to
ARW

My Dad was one of the combat cameraman who documented conditions in the camps. He had nightmares for the rest of his life. He later covered the Nuremberg trials.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Pic 45 is simply extraordinary, including the pardon.

Reply to
GB

And Pix 16!, I believe quite a few American servicemen bought Japanese brides home after WW2 so I was told...

Reply to
tony sayer

Picture 28. Doesn't he look like his grandson - or vice versa.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

46000 according to this link

ARW