OT: Impenetrable British Gas leads to crazy estimate

I was wondering when you'd ever write something that I agreed with. This could be it.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I neither know nor care.

What does this even mean? Something is either a website or it's not.

Reply to
Tim Streater

FWIW, yesterday I bypassed the phone calls etc. when wanting to complain about the boiler service crap they tried to foist on me. Google for CEO british gas gave me a name for the appropriate top level person. Quick email to snipped-for-privacy@britishgas.co.uk got me a response that was satisfactory.

Reply to
Richard

The absolute latest supported version was for embedded EPOS systems, which ended in 2019 (unless anyone knows of an "XP for aircraft carriers"?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Mine still runs..Bugs and all. In its little virtual machine

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have a VM all saved away with XP.

If I do need Windows now, I have a Win 7 Laptop my son ****ed the screen on (a second time). I was able to plug a monitor in to install NX and now access it from my Mint laptop if I *need* windows. The last time was to run some RMM software from Kaseya that I was using at work because they don't supply a Linux viewer.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

If customers can't easily contact a supplier, there is an accessibility problem that need to be addressed to the regulator.

What is (maybe not) needed is for some enterprising intermediary ambulance chaser style third party to set up a "British Gas estimate claims management company"....

"let us handle your British Gas compensation for ya"

If that idea has wings and flies, I hereby claim 2% royalties....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz