OT I must be old

Dunno if this is a proper definition of old but I worked at a high school today and most of the teachers were younger than me.

This is the first time I have actually felt old.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

That's not old, I was working in a school staff room last Friday and ALL the teachers were younger than me, so was the site agent. Now that IS old.

Reply to
Bill

I work in a place where quite a few of the staff were taught by me...including at least one on this group!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Don't worry, it's an age thing. Be happy.

Reply to
Nick

It's better than the alternative...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

o/

:-)

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

You'll find age doesn't come alone either.

Reply to
harry

Well, it also seems to occur to one when you attempt to point out to the mainly young managers at a council that their brave new ideas were tried when you were young and found not to work, but do they bow to experience.. No of course not. So wheel reinvented square...... again.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think this is what companies call 'corporate amnesia'

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No, it's when the Archbishop of Canterbury is younger than you.

Reply to
newshound

That would be The Pope if very old.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I found the opposite attitude during a spell (some years ago) at t= he training school at BREL Derby Loco Works. Of course, at that time most o= f the managers were mainly older men, and their standard reply to anyone su= ggesting new ideas would be either 'We've never done anything like THAT bef= ore' or 'it's been tried but it didn't work' The folks down the road at the railway technical centre were of course more= willing to accept change, and were busy designing the APT...

Reply to
docholliday93

And your prime minister and your boss and ....

Was at a conference in Reno in July and they gave seniors discount to over 55s. Was glad I had my Aussie DL with DOB writ large on me!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

DOB is also found on a UK driving licence. Just slightly muddled up.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

6 years younger.

SWMBO'd is years older.

Is this what they mean by "middle aged"?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Age can be judged by how long it takes to urinate, though that probably only applies to men!

Reply to
Broadback

Generally speaking, women do not have prostates. :o)

Reply to
Huge

On that basis, I have just got 30 years younger after starting treatment with Tamsulosin last week. Trade name Flomax :))))

Reply to
GB

training school at BREL Derby Loco Works. Of course, at that time most of the managers were mainly older men, and their standard reply to anyone suggesting new ideas would be either 'We've never done anything like THAT before' or 'it's been tried but it didn't work'

willing to accept change, and were busy designing the APT...

Which turned out to be a flop.

Can you wrap you lines properly BTW? It is possible with Gurgle Groups AFAIK.

Reply to
Mark

training school at BREL Derby Loco Works. Of course, at that time most of the managers were mainly older men, and their standard reply to anyone suggesting new ideas would be either 'We've never done anything like THAT before' or 'it's been tried but it didn't work'

willing to accept change, and were busy designing the APT...

Until they sold the design to the Italians, who now sell an updated version to British train operators.

Reply to
John Williamson