OT - I don't suppose anyone out there has copy of the olympics opening ceremony by any chance?

Howdya want it, Geoff?

Reply to
brass monkey

at 9:38

Reply to
Toby

In message , brass monkey writes

DVD? She's not exactly what one might call computer literate

has contact details

molto obligato or whatever

Reply to
geoff

Ah - I assumed thge BBC would have blocked it

still a DVD from Pak monyet kuning (that's indonesian) would be best, given her computing abilities

Reply to
geoff

Ahhh, I could upload a .ts file (SD 7.5gig) to somewhere or Humax HDR HD files (18gig).

Reply to
brass monkey

In message , brass monkey writes

Big file that, anyone know how best to do this?

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

Well, bugger me - just about top be repeated on BBC1

1:45 - 4:30

How long was the original?

(I was in Germany at the time, so no idea)

Reply to
geoff

she is at yours

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Pirate Bay?

Reply to
stuart noble

And so much better if the accompanying commentary had been either left out completely or done properly!

Spoils what was otherwise an excellent performance!...

Reply to
tony sayer

All they needed to do was remove the Trevor Nelson channel.

Reply to
Bob Eager

+1

I think they forgot to tell him it was a TV rather than a radio broadcast and so he didn't need to describe what we could already see was happening.

Too many commentators feel compelled to open their mouths and describe what we can see for ourselves. Too many talk over interesting sounds from the location - talking over the sound of a Spitfire or Lancaster should be a hanging offence!

The very best know and understand the value of silence.

It was replayed on the telly just an hour or so after your post, albeit with someone signing it all in the bottom right corner.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Well, yes, as I posted a few minutes before it started

"Well, bugger me - just about top be repeated on BBC1

1:45 - 4:30"
Reply to
geoff

D/loaded that when I got back from germany and it had been scrambled

Reply to
geoff

Yep. Loads of other proxies if this one gets blocked

Reply to
stuart noble

Did you ever get the opening ceremony in a suitable form?

Richard

Reply to
RJS

Yes thanks

Although I still can't believe I was replying to brass monkey about it as it was announced that t was just about to be repeated on BBC1

Reply to
geoff