OT: how to find out about traffic incidents on a certain stretch of road

Thanks very much. I didn't know "the usual thing". Works OK on Firefox.

Reply to
Dave W

Only if he is a freemason :-)

Reply to
Andrew

ctrl plus mouse scroll wheel back and forward should work too.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Laptops don't have scroll wheels.

Reply to
Dave W

Some older ones do, most these days use the very right-hand and bottom edges of the touch-pad for that. You have to enable the function in Windows first to use it.

I don't like touch pads, so I usually use a track-ball with scroll-ring with my laptop unless I really am using it on my lap or some other awkward place.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

And for that website, Ctrl isn't necessary with the scroll wheel anyway.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I now realise this is NOT the answer. Ctrl+/- merely zooms text and images on all websites, and Ctrl-0 reverts to normal. On this website it does not zoom in to show a small area of the country with appropriately small markers. Shift-Drag does this as I originally reported.

Reply to
Dave W

win10 emulates them with multitouch pads. not all pads are multitouch.

Reply to
invalid