OT: how to filter out the lunatics?

I've got the obvious filters in place for this newsgroup but can't think how to pick-up the arabic ones and the current flood of advertising crap

- any suggestions?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

MK1 Eyeball and grey matter filtering device. I.E. See the messages and just ignore them. The gits will always find a away around any filtering you put in place.

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

For a start, persuade everyone not to respond to any of them. A significant proportion of spams are visible to me and many others only because of the responses that have been made (the original spam having been filtered out by, I assume, "the Berlin server").

Reply to
Rod

Unwanted advertising? I didn't realise it was still going on. When it started a week or two ago I just added the patterns to my KILLFILE and saw no more of it.

ref: slrn newsreader -

(others have similar features.)

Reply to
Peter Lynch