OT: How to count a heart rate

This is good news for the dole office and the nation. You could take out a funeral plan? Or, will the dole subsidise your sad lonely funeral?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire
[snip]

I'm not afraid to admit that I don't know. The exercise did.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

"It's OK to prick your finger, but DON'T finger your prick." :-)

Reply to
hah

It wasn't what was implied in the original post but the thermoregulation process does affect heart rate. At high temperatures, more blood is pumped in an attempt to radiate heat while in cold temperatures the heart rate is reduced to preserve core temperature.

Reply to
rbowman

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

Another indication that the blood never makes it to your brain.

Reply to
Tekkie®

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:06:12 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

e:

o keep my skin warm.

Why let your fingers freeze off when you can give them a bit of your bod= y heat? It means I can walk barefoot in the snow all day.

-- =

If Russia invaded Turkey from behind, would Greece help?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I really wish you were following me today on a little seven mile jaunt at -4 C. The snow had drifted over the trail and crusted over. Sometimes the crust would hold my weight, sometimes not. Your expression when you broke through would be priceless.

It was a beautiful day regardless, not a cloud in the sky and no wind to speak of.

I did see footprints in the snow last week where someone was either wearing those fivefinger deals or was completely insane.

I never said we don't have our fair share of fools in the US.

Reply to
rbowman

Both used in conjunction might provide a false reading :-)

Reply to
Scott

Your body can look after itself. Have you ever tried jumping into ice water? It's refreshing for a couple of minutes, then non-descript, then after you've been in for 20 minutes it's invigorating as you feel your muscles shivering.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword