OT: How things change.

Once upon a time, speech was free and only if you committed violent acts or put something nasty in a newspaper, did you face prosecution.

Then came hate crime. Anyone could be prosecuted for saying something.

Then came thought crime. No matter what you said or did if you thought bad stuff you could be in trouble.

Now its unconscious thought crime. You did nothing, said nothing, and thought nothing but you are still guilty of unconsciously thinking something.

What comes next?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Posting crap on Usenet crime?

Reply to
GB

Presumed guilty if you are not 'woke' or don't admit to being guilty of everything.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

what we are getting in Scotland...

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

guns

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Drink or drugs ?

Or maybe both, if you can afford them..

michael adams

michael adams

Ah, Kafka. You have no idea what you are accused of, but the fact of being on trial is "strong evidence" of guilt.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think the problem today is that one can say actionable things in the street with nobody around still, its then one persons word against another, but in this age of everyone with a video and audio recorder in their hand and social media where publishing has been popularised to the masses, it is the medium which has created the issue, since you cannot be isolated or need a newspaper to publish your opinions any more. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well, even a wolf whistle can be treated as a hate crime if the bimbo objects! I had a GF who considered such - or even quite explicit remarks - to be compliments. Mind you, she did say that she didn't need to be a feminist as she was a woman - if a man had said that...!

Reply to
PeterC

Being 'nasty' to apprentices ?.

Reply to
Andrew

They'll make it illegal to be a spittle-flecked loon.

What will you do then?

Reply to
Radio Man

The Conservatives would never betray their core voters with such a move!

Reply to
Brian Reay

I didn't realise you considered that Antifa, Animal Liberation front,the Greens, Black Lives Matter and Remain were in fact conservative voters?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm sure that some members of the groups you mention do vote tory, but their core supporters are mostly flag-waving gammons.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Exactly. The flag waving gammonettes are all supporters of the hard left organisations.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, I suppose that the conservative party is quite a bit left of where the spittle-flecked, flag-waving, gammon-headed loons would like it to be.

I'm glad that we're in agreement.

Reply to
Brian Reay

It is worse than that victims can claiming they feel your intentions is enough for a woke crime and we are expected to apologise for events that happened before even our grandparents were born.

Reply to
Radio Man

Yes well f*ck to all of that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You have to feel racially superior to feel shame for doing down those poor oppressed nigras.

I refuse to feel either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

stay woke man ....