OT: How do you make a cat eat its worm pill

It's because cats live on their nerves and don't really accept you as friends.

I had a lab that could tell the difference between decent fillet and Tesco's value steak.

Reply to
Jim

I would believe that of a Siamese cat, but not a labrador.

A labrador would probably eat carpet if it was in the bowl.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I had a colleage whose cat would only eat Harrods' fresh haddock.

Reply to
charles

Perfectly reasonable if you live in Knightsbridge.

Somewhat inconvenient for anyone further away, though.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog
<snip>

I know. I was just suggesting that dogs can also often detect such things, if not fully disguised.

I didn't say we couldn't overcome that.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

<snip very funny tale>

Very good. Perhps you could blast homeownersclub with it.

Reply to
Dave W

No. You had a colleague who was f****ng stupid.

Reply to
Richard

agreed

Reply to
charles

Pathology, Forensic or University Research ?

Reply to
Andrew

An old lady near me, who almost died of 'malnutrition', fed her two yappy dogs just on cooked chicken breasts, but with the skin removed.

She just lived on scraps.

Reply to
Andrew

As a teenager the cat got steamed fish and chicken, and lamb chops.

I got a pot noodle every Wednesday as a treat which I had to buy myself.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Our dogs got half a tin of Pal and a handful of Winalot. They were dogs, not guests or children. ;-)

What is it about cats (in particular) that makes people act so weirdly?

Considering the nutritional value of such, serves you right you had to buy it yourself. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

to be fair, the cat probably appreciated my mother's cooking more than I did.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

LOL!

I've just seen a neighbour carrying what looked like a couple of cat carriers from their car to the house (funny how you rarely see cats loose in a car but often see dogs, probably because the stupid things would freak out <weg>) so we might not need to feed the dogs for a few nights, if they happen to stray into *our* garden.

'Hmm, they looked like cats but tasted of salmon and chicken?' ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yeah, I remember fishy pussy-breath.

(carefully hyphenated)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I've never know a cat that would eat ham, much less love it to the point of ignoring it being dosed with something. However, I suspect the real reason for the difference is that cat are pure carnivores while dogs are omnivores. That probably makes them more willing to eat things they are not entirely familiar with.

Reply to
nightjar

Hehe.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I've know quiet a few thatv have. One of them was 'owned' by a couple of vegitarians that used to buy it for their cat.

Cats will eat things they like including cheese, I've heardcx blowing on their face makes them swallow, but I;ve always managed to crush pills up and mix them into the jelly or gravy of the cat food.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Some pets are better behaved and better individuals than humans are.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Olives are good. Every cat I've known loves olives.

Reply to
Bob Eager