OT House Registry Searches

Hi all
A colleague of mine is buying a house and I happened to mention Part 1 and Part 2 solicitor searches. This was certainly a "thing" when I have bought property in the past.
He wasn't aware of this, so I set about Googling. To my surprise, nothing appeared, despite various re-words of the search string.
I remember a friend of mine successfully sueing (suing?) a solicitor for failing to carry out Part 2.
Does this terminology still exist in the conveyancing process, or has it or the process itself been superseded?
Thanks
Phil
On Thursday, 12 October 2017 09:09:13 UTC+1, thescullster wrote:

I think the terminology has been superseded, it's still considered prudent to do a second LR search immediately before exchange/completion just in cas e anything's changed since the searches earlier in the conveyancing process , especially if it's been protracted.
Owain
By now I'm very surprised google has not been commissioned to run the land registry, it looks right up their street (view!)
Brian
--
----- -
On 12/10/2017 10:16, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

My recollection was that the Part 2 search went into the more obscure detail. My friend's property was discovered to have a footpath running across the land (when he came to sell), an issue that wasn't picked up on the Part 1 search carried out by the solicitor when he purchased the property.
Phil