OT House Registry Searches

Hi all

A colleague of mine is buying a house and I happened to mention Part 1 and Part 2 solicitor searches. This was certainly a "thing" when I have bought property in the past.

He wasn't aware of this, so I set about Googling. To my surprise, nothing appeared, despite various re-words of the search string.

I remember a friend of mine successfully sueing (suing?) a solicitor for failing to carry out Part 2.

Does this terminology still exist in the conveyancing process, or has it or the process itself been superseded?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

I think the terminology has been superseded, it's still considered prudent to do a second LR search immediately before exchange/completion just in cas e anything's changed since the searches earlier in the conveyancing process , especially if it's been protracted.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

By now I'm very surprised google has not been commissioned to run the land registry, it looks right up their street (view!)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

My recollection was that the Part 2 search went into the more obscure detail. My friend's property was discovered to have a footpath running across the land (when he came to sell), an issue that wasn't picked up on the Part 1 search carried out by the solicitor when he purchased the property.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster