Heat protection for underside of kitchen wall cupboards

The underside of the kitchen wall cupboard above the toaster gets a bit hot from the rising heat so I would like to protect it without it looking like a bodge. Any suggestions from the assembled cognoscenti? The flat base of the cabinet isn't too difficult but the front rail (behind which is the underlighting LED strip) is more challenging. Thanks in Advance, P
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 8:05:26 AM UTC+1, AC via Google Groups wrote:

Not being smart but we pull our toaster out when we ant to use it. Problem we have is under cupboard light heat up the bottom of the cupboard. Plays hell with the chocolate biscuits
Well I have a very cheap and cheerful shelf above the toaster when the veneer starts to peel another bit of cheap shelving is just bolted on! I guess if you were really keen you could make te shelf of metal? Brian
--
----- -
On Thursday, 12 October 2017 08:38:51 UTC+1, fred wrote:

We've been doing that but the toaster is then on the very edge of the worktop. It really only becomes a problem when toasting crumpets as they require a good deal longer than bread - well they do how we like 'em anyway. :-)
On Friday, 13 October 2017 11:22:25 UTC+1, AC via Google Groups wrote:

Use the grill
Cover the underside of the cupboard with asbestolux board
Wire a small fan in to the LED strip to blow the rising hot air around and dissipate the heat
I must confess to usually warming crumpets in the microwave, but on the occasions when I use the grill I do appreciate the extra crispiness.
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Sounds rubbery ...
On Saturday, 14 October 2017 12:41:02 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

They are a bit.
But if I do them in the grill/oven they usually come out with a background hint of pizza or caustic depending on how recently I cleaned the cooker.
(I also found out last week that using the same jug for pasta sauce and white spirit caused trapped wind.)
Owain

There are various automotive heat shield products which you could silicone to the underside of the cupboard, e.g.;
https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/heatshield-armor
Some Googling should find you something similar in the UK. I've bought some in the past, but cannot recall where from.
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 66th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3183

None of those wogs left, they all buggered off after the BRexit referendum result.

And likely wont be great for the life of the LED strip backing.

Even when we tell you to shove your head up a dead bear's arse ?
On Thursday, 12 October 2017 09:31:32 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

As long as it's meant kindly. :-)