OT Horrible Nuts

Chinese figs.

Reply to
Max Demian

Fair enough. I was only saying that someone who disliked sweet, sticky compressed dates might still like the more discrete and less sweet or sticky version.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Very wise. I expect you know it's illegal to release them in the wild. Don't know if its ok to breed them. Though they don't seem to need much help.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

No Squoils, grey or otherwise, in our little patch which is surrounded by fields. So none of them to get the walnuts. Unfortunately the sodding bodgers do, though.

Reply to
Tim Streater

And why not. ;-)

I'd also generally go for Turkey, not a real fan of most red meats.

I can't think if the last time had any straight 'meat' at home, other than what comes in a pie (Steak n ale etc) etc. Because daughter is a veggie, I tend to cook meals that would contain meat with a Quorn or similar. The Mrs really doesn't mind non-meat and I'm also ok with much of it, given the option of that or real. It can be 'different', like Sainsbury's basics baked beans aren't the same as Heinz, but they are cheaper, contain less sugar and salt and soon become 'normal'.

If you have to ask if the mince or sausages are 'real' ... ;-)

No real gammon fan (although I like bacon)?

Don't mind a pork chop. Haven't had one for (probably) years.

Again, the Mrs is the lamb fan, often having a rack / shank etc.

Strange thing ... I'm put off by the smell of such cooking? Happy to eat a roast beef dinner if presented with it though (preferring the crispy bits and all well done). My Sunday lunch was some leftover (bought) chips, egg and beans. ;-)

Same here. I can happily eat liver ... till I get one 'tube', then that's me done for that meal (I might finish everything else, depending on how hungry I am). ;-(

Quite. I can't ever remember having a 'bad' bit.

Yeah, they are nice eh. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Tim Streater wrote on 06/01/2019 :

Lots of greys here, there is a nature reserve along side the rear and nearly everytime we look out the rear windows, there is a grey scrambling over the summer house or along the back fence.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The squirrels do seem to prefer an arboreal escape route. When they are not playing a doomed road crossing game with cars.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Aargh! School dinners! Coarse yellowish liver with tubes! Swede mash! Frogspawn for afters!

Reply to
Max Demian

That's how they work, minimising the number of open checkouts to keep their labour costs as low as possible with those who would otherwise be running an open checkout moving stock.

Mine normally only has one open full time with another opening and closing at a hell of a rate, but I happened to be in there in the middle of Saturday afternoon, very unusual for me and they actually had 4 open. Never seen that before. And that was because there were lots more shopping than I usually see.

Reply to
dkol

When I see empty manned checkouts at other places I think the management must be mad.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It was the tubes that did it for me, whatever the colour the meat was (ours was normally grey).

No problems with that.

Nor that, especially with a blob of jam. ;-)

It's funny what range of things can affect people and they like / dislike re foods (and drinks).

For some I know it's the texture like semolina / rice pudding / yogurt with bits or even fruit juice with bits?

I couldn't used to eat very strong (to me) stuff like sprouts or cabbage (no problem nowadays but can't say I enjoy sprouts as such).

The things I really don't like still is anything squash / marrow / courgette related, unless it's cleverly disguised / lost in something else etc. I don't care that it's in there, as long as I can't taste it. ;-)

Funny how many people still haven't actually tried but say then don't like any of 'that foreign muck', like curry or spag bol? ;-(

Mum (87) is game to try anything and maybe part of that came from a time when you either ate what you were given or went without. She'll happily join in with a delivery, be it Pizza, Kebab, Curry or Chinese and will often suggest / request a 'chicken shish'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Max Demian formulated on Sunday :

I don't know if I learned not to like swede as a result of school dinners, or if I just never liked it, but I still will not touch swede. Just the thought of eating it turns my stomach.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Or self-checkouts with a gaggle of three or four staff standing around them.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Max Demian formulated on Sunday :

I loved it (if you meant sago pud) and rice pud _ I preferred the sago. I have looked for the sago in tins since then, but never found any.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Sago? Isn't that how you start a pudding race?

Reply to
Tim Streater

The new Lidl in Goole started out with self service checkouts but removed them due to unbearable losses.

Reply to
Cynic

I'm sure it comes dry.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I gather they've created quite a petty crime wave.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Tapioca. Actually it looks more like newt spawn.

Reply to
Max Demian

No. Frog spawn was sago.

Tapioca was bull s**en