OT: Have you never ever ...

You mean the joint just outside Newmarket? I always assumed it was doing research into equine diseases etc BICBW.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So, the Squeaker Goblin said to me earlier:

"So here's something else that you clearly know nothing about: horses." [1]

Turns out he has faceplanted *again*!.

Mind you, no doubt when you have done it as often as he has with me, he probably doesn't feel the pain and it certainly can't hurt his looks (and both might explain why he keeps doing it!). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] Strangely though, I never claimed to know a lot about horses. However, I know enough to be 100% sure they are yet another animal we artificially breed, exploit and kill (both for their meat and because they no longer serve our purposes (those include 'for our entertainment')).
Reply to
T i m
<snip>

A bit like dogs then, how many do you have?

Reply to
Fredxx

Erm, 'coverage in the media' *is* (psychological / subliminal) marketing, even if it's unofficial.

Sounds like it.

Never heard of them.

<snip for the lazy biased troll>

Many people like the idea of getting something back so no so altruistic as a straight donation.

Well, it required both thought and effort, certainly compared with doing nothing.

That could be your next door neighbour in that godforsaken wilderness?

<snip>

'Toff's, who are typically motivated by money.

Not exploiting and killing animals isn't unique to 'Poms'.

And there are nearly as many in criminal land as here:

Well, I think many Co's here also have some sort of dress down days towards the last work day and an Xmyth party sometime before (when they can get a booking). I rarely got involved in either as I was often in the IT department and that was a busy time for me / us, saving me having to having to be honest why I didn't want to spend any of my social time with them (you choose your friends, you don't generally choose your workmates / family).

I guess that depends of what people do 'traditionally' on that day. Like here it's generally indoors eating and drinking, with the possibility to walk of the consumption of excess animal flesh (that rots in our guts).

True, even if only as an income stream / investment.

<snip>

Take two human beings and they will often be competitive. If they are on their feet they will race each other, or bicycles or horses and there is often a wager involved ('to make it interesting').

Interesting.

Interesting POV.

So, in your world, it's better to lose (have taken away) something you are conscious of, value and protect ... than to have never existed at all and therefore lost nothing?

Ah, it makes you uncomfortable does it, well that's something at least (as it should), especially when you make statements that are lies.

Here are the FACTS again, in case you grow the balls to actually reply / acknowledge it:

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

T i m neatly summarises the way he uses (psychological / subliminal) marketing to try and influence others. Not nice really.

T i m neatly summarises his envy of others. Not nice really

T i m forgets that his chosen diet 'rots in our guts' too. How strange.

T i m seems unaware that most people have something or someone they are 'conscious of, value and protect' and love. his may be a pet, a spouse or a family member. There can be few who would not rather that such an element be in their life and be deeply saddened when it is lost rather than to have not had it at all and so lost nothing. I find this lack of awareness and understanding very strange for someone who professes a care for living things. It comes across as sociopathy/pschopathy.

Reply to
Bev

See also the Far Side "Horse Hospitals", available on google images.

As the others have said, horses make bad patients, particularly young and very fit thoroughbreds. I've had a few put to sleep, more for chronic than acute conditions.

Reply to
newshound

It won't treat a lot of broken legs. Some leg injuries can be treated, but there are an awful lot of other things that can go wrong. Colic is one, sometimes caused by a twisted gut. Bad cases need surgery at ~£5k with not much better than a 50:50 chance of survival.

Reply to
newshound
<snip>

Why not, do they not want to attract punters?

No, but those who have an interest in the 'event' (that you highlighted directly) would. Food / drink sales especially.

See above.

Ok.

I saw something re horses that were flown in and were nearly accompanied 1:1 by their carers.

Strange. You would have thought that anything that 'interesting' would have appeared everywhere it was feasible by now.

Sad when you see people who are actually risking their rent / food money in the hope 'a win' will get them out of trouble.

I think they have clamped down a bit on easy access / casual gaming here by lowering the maximum stakes allowed etc.

Indeed and depending on her memory. ;-)

Ah, that or prison over there then??

I know.

Well, I bet they are likely to put some sizeable bets on (because they can, even if they aren't that interested in the form / horses etc).

Sure, consuming the expensive food / drink and taking best seats / boxes etc.

Never?

Breed, race, win, take prize pots ($20M, Saudi Cup), horse sale / stud?

Well yes, it's a job for them but no more an income stream for the owner of a winning horse.

And not just racing of course. Beating previous limits / records etc.

Nice. Do as I say ...

I bet they wouldn't agree with you, especially when their lives are taken from them when very young. And looking at any video footage of any livestock slaughter process, that would confirm my POV.

Except plants aren't sentient.

Shame ... still not grown a pair then I see.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip troll bs. My bet is that 'Bev' it Shitheadxx or Spuke>?

Aww, look, the stupid left brained troll is trying to roll out a strawman to try to prove black is white (or is really just very stupid).

We aren't talking of the 'loss' to a third party, we are talking of the loss of an animals life to itself.

These trolls will really say anything stupid, just to get attention won't they. ;-(

Fact, you can't *miss* what you have never had. No life, no life lost, nothing to miss. You can mourn or regret the fact that you never had something, but you can't miss it.

My wife miscarried our first child. We can morn the loss, we can't miss 'a child' we never had.

Bwhahaha ... you think your faceplant shows any level of

*understanding* at any level!!! Aw bless.

I guess you will demonstrate you care for living things by raping and then killing them (when they are very young), simply because you like how their flesh and excretions taste, even though you have a myriad of alternatives.

Yes, you certainly do, nymshifting troll (and being very desperate / stupid).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Read on T i m and for once use the half a brain you claim to have

Ah, so once the animal is dead it mourns the loss of its life eh?

I'm interested to learn how that works - no doubt your half a brain will be able to tell us.

Oh T i m the irony of your comment.

Hmm - so you think that pointing out that many people have something or someone they are conscious of, value and protect is 'faceplanting'? I think you need to get treatment for your condition if you cannot understand that statement.

You seem to have a strange obsession about sex with and killing 'very young' animals. Get help as soon as you possibly can; you are now displaying a number of very worrying symptoms that may require medical intervention before you go too far.

I am so concerned about you that it is clearly very dangerous to you to continue this discussion any further. T i m : Please go seek medical help and point them in the direction of this Group and your various obsessions and lack of awareness. It is probably not too late for you to receive treatment.

Goodbye and Good luck.

Reply to
Bev

<snip troll shit>

So which is it nymshifter, Fuckheadxx, Spuke or are you just another nymshifting coward troll hiding behind a false name and 'invalid' email address?

To put that in context for you, Tim is my real name and the address used here *is* valid.

*My* message is the same as the message from every expert on human health, world resources and animal welfare and that's that we should all move to a more plant based diet.

The vegan message is that we don't cause any unnecessary suffering, exploitation or death to innocent and sentient animals when / where there is an alternative and that's all I'm advocating.

Now, if you don't care about the wellbeing of animals (because you are happy to cause them suffering, exploitation and death, for *only* your personal pleasure), then I'm pretty sure you are the one who needs help.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

So, nothing about a balanced diet, then?

Reply to
Spike

Your message has not been "we should all move to a more plant based diet". The word "more" is important.

Reply to
Robin

There seems to be some more goalpost-shifting going on: T i m has recently claimed that he did in fact vote in the Referendum, whereas for the 4.5+ years since that time he's been saying he spoiled his paper because of a lack of information. And now we have a shift of position of his claims concerning his diet. His position about the dog seems a little fluid as well.

Reply to
Spike

T i m is a little fluid when it comes to law breaking too - theft of boss's property and cycling on pavements comes to mind. He always changes his stance somewhat once he is caught out. For example the theft was only 'technical' and he now claims that it was a 'shared use' pavement which was never pointed out by him before.

He really does need to get some help for his problems and that is why I have stopped replying to his posts directly. Its sad as *sometimes* he does have something useful to say and then he goes and spoils it all.

Reply to
Bev

+1
Reply to
Fredxx
<snip>

Every journey starts with a single step and so because most realise many are so indoctrinated in their believe they simply must have (or should be able to enjoy) the flesh of animals and their excretions, it would be unrealistic to *persuade* those type of people to cut out all the animal suffering, exploitation and death in one go, so they try to point them in the right direction with the thought that anything is

*better* (it would never be *worse* etc) than nothing.

For us it was just the awakening, the guidance, the help and opportunity (and the world waking up to a vegan lifestyle these days) that meant we (the four of us) were able to switch instantly last Veganuary and know we will never go back. We won't because we do actually respect animals, we have accepted our logical inconsistency and broken the cognitive dissonance and seen the truth.

So, the idea is that once we have peoples attention, in an ideal world where others 'got it' as we did, they just stop consuming all animal products and the world becomes a better place (especially for the animals). But we get that once you have been brought up a particular way to see a particular group of foods to be 'normal', it's not necessarily easy for weak willed or ignorant (of the truths or facts) people to change.

So the point is to try to get them to see the point, that it's not

*for* them (other than their heath / morals etc) but the animals that are made to suffer, be exploited and killed, simply because of the choices they make ... and the rest should fall into place 'naturally'.

Now, 'of course' if you CGAF about animals you will never see any reason to not carry on causing them the suffering, exploitation and death ... or maybe you would, if you had to actually do it yourself, to be able to buy such? Maybe once you made people see the consequences of their actions, many more would stop in any case? [1]

And it's not like 'slaughterhouse worker or 'fish gutter' were high on the list when the career officer came round, more likely they were the jobs you would end up doing if you didn't work hard.

And you might take one of the jobs on, given most haven't a clue what

*actually* goes on behind the walls of the windowless sheds they now call 'Meat processing plants', but I wonder if most are prepared for the mental stress the constant killing young, innocent, sentient animals places on a person who would normally only care for animals?

So, we start with getting people to eat less meat, eggs and drinking less milk and then we work our way down from there (to pets etc).

I think most people agree this planet would be a better place with fewer people and part of that is that more people consume more resources and produce more waste. Imagine doubling that load by having the same number again of animals that also need food and also produce waste ... when they weren't necessary at all?

Cheers, T i m

[1] Many have said they became vegan after watching some of the videos you can find on the Net / Youtube that simply highlight the *everyday* goings on in the processes that put animal based products on their plates. Not just 'undercover' footage or special / bad cases (although there are plenty of them), just the 'Red Tractor' or 'RSPCA Approved stuff.
Reply to
T i m

Perhaps he ought to get a dog.

Reply to
Spike

Pretty rare, I'd say, and a coincidence when it happens (of the monkeys/typrewriters/Shakespeare variety). The issue is that T r o l l either assumes he knows what he's talking about, or insists that emotions override all other considerations. The business with the treatment of injured horses demonstrates that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

On 20 Mar 2021 12:30:30 GMT, Tim Streater snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net wrote: <snip troll shit>

It doesn't take much to *know* that our treatment of animals as commodities to teat as we wish is *wrong*.

I insist on no such thing (so even more Goblin lies and s**te).

Bwhahaha ... everything I said on that subject was 100% correct and ironically, you had to be educated on it by others!!!

But hey, I appreciate once you have been indoctrinated to ignore the suffering, exploitation and death you unnecessarily bring to animals is a difficult thing for you to accept (especially given how old / left brained (and so inflexible re your thinking)), but it can be done, if you *actually* care about animals.

The chances are you don't and hence why you are unable to understand why what you are doing is wrong (especially in 2021).

Given that most meat you eat is 'factory farmed' (no matter how much you would prefer to believe the marketing) and so not raised in a natural environment where they might come in contact with the bacteria they once might to allow them to produce B12, they have to be given it in their food, in implants under the skin or devices in their digestive tract, just so that you might get some of it when you consume their flesh.

Seeing how 'unnatural' that process is, anyone who had any common sense would see it would be far better all round for us to take the B12 supplement ourselves ... and everyone who eats B12 supplemented foods (and many are) already does (and it's easier absorbed that way compared with trying to extract it from meat). Our recent blood tests came back 'normal' (even when especially focused on vegan diet) and that's from a starting point over a years ago with neither of us ever being big meat eaters.

So, all you have left is your choice, you choose to satisfy your (indoctrinated) taste buds by consuming something you could neither catch, kill, cut up and digest raw, 'naturally' (like a carnivore can) nor in most cases, or even be prepared to witness when you force someone else to do your dirty work for you in a slaughterhouse.

Then when to try to argue against anyone trying to minimise the unnecessary suffering, exploitation and death of millions of innocent and sentient creatures makes you even more disgusting. ;-(

But hey, you are just a Goblin, and that's what they are all like.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m