OT; Fragrance adverts....

But even if the strength argument was true you can't compare like for like because as that advert shows the Northern predilection for having a good part of the glass topped with a substance that looks like spume from a windblown beach, and probably tastes like sea spray as well.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

It's understandable that a bloke may wish to the Ironing. As I tell my missus it is not every day that a woman is allowed to use a dangerous piece of equipment that has electricity and water in close proximity and emits dangerous levels of heat and jets of steam, and that she should be grateful that I give her the privilege of using one. G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Any one remember that film years back, Party Party. One character wore something called "Wild Stallion" . When he passed by people screwed up their noses and said " Phew can you smell Orses?"

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

What's TV?

Seriously - nothing but Netflix and Youtube here - cannot remember the last time I saw a video format ad (and I skip the YT ads after 5 secs so they don't register).

Reply to
Tim Watts

The perfume section of the local Fenwicks kills me (and it's right by the front door so you have to walk through it).

There must only be a couple of perfumes that smell "nice" on a woman - most that waft by on the train smell like something ICI made (and rejected).

Reply to
Tim Watts

It's a gassy glass of 3.5% s**te.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Like I said, far too strong for southerners.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

That just shows that northerners have superior taste buds to pikey southerners. When was the last time you had a pint of beer in the wonderful north?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Southereners just don't do good head.

Reply to
ARW

Is that a chip on your shoulder or just the Northern inferiority complex?

Reply to
Bob Martin

It is my experience of working all over this country and finding Southerners to be obnoxious. Bod sometimes posts here, I found him and his wife to be nice people.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

There is nothing good about the South. Wots the name of that Blackpool hotel you might be working on?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Quite. They don't suffer fools gladly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nar, its the way they are.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

That is something I will not name on a newsgroup

Reply to
ARW

Aye, fair enough.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It's not that, we just can't understand your northern speech impediment, sorry accent.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is debatable which is the worst accent in the world. Southern England or stupid Australian.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

But at least tend to have sensible names.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)